By badtiming - 03/03/2015 17:18 - Brazil - Rio De Janeiro

Today, I received a rejection letter from a job I desperately wanted. Yesterday, the job offer I'd been stalling on in while waiting for news about this one expired. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 324
You deserved it 9 961

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Should've just taken the job offer. At least then you would've had a job while you waited.

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush

Comments

Gotta always put in apps. you can always turn down a job offer

I had a similar situation when I was job searching. A good job gave me an offer, signing contracts within a day, but it was over 1,5 hour driving, so I wasn't that excited and at that moment I had applied for my dream job but with no response so far. I had a better solution then you though. I accepted that offer over the phone. I cheered for 30 minutes that someone finally wanted me and then I picked up my phone, rang my dream job and informed them that I had gotten a job offer and wanted to know if they were still interested in me. They were going to ring me back and after 30 minutes they said that they were also interested and if I could come over immediately to talk over my contract. I had my contract signed within the hour. You don't just sit around with a job offer, your awesome job would have been more interested in you if they knew about the job offer. YDI for just sitting around doing nothing.

meanwhile you can reconsider your choices and choose something you really like :)

That sucks. Good luck finding a new job :)

Never wait, apply for several at once. If you get accepted for both you can still cancel one.

lizgb80 19

You can't really expect an employer to sit around and wait for you to possibly find a better job.

bad luck. but there's goodluck too. keep your up.

Cozy_Blanket 16

I guess I get why you were stalling a bit. Nobody wants to be that guy that quits like a week in, but gotta jump on a job offer when available!