Thanks, I hate it

By PiMan - 19/01/2010 19:20 - United States

Today, after spending four days having my resume, cover letter, and references proofread and perfected by professionals, I finally submitted it all to the summer internship of my dreams. I received a rejection letter ten minutes later. FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 144
You deserved it 3 118

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You can dress it up all you want, but in the end, a pile of shit (your resume, cover letter and references) is still a pile of shit.

Never assume you'll get the job. You're just setting yourself up for disappointment.

Comments

HamsteronA 0

you must not have had a good enough resume. fyl

Exactly what I thought. YDI OP. Just because it took you 4 days and you for some reason couldn't proofread it yourself, doesn't mean you're going to just up and get a job because you want one.

I think the FML here is that they sent a rejection letter only after 10 minutes, leaving the impression that the didn't even look at the application.

Never assume you'll get the job. You're just setting yourself up for disappointment.

mj2123 0

But 10 minutes? It's like they didn't even look at it...

My guess is that, indeed they did give it a quick look, they saw the big words, said " Clearly he didn't write this himself. " and rejected it. Most resumes are, in fact, rejected within ten minutes. Bosses and HR folk don't waste their time.

bhimz1 0

yep u r right. sometimes even the most intelligent men are thrown out because they cant even say excuse me after sneezing.

You can dress it up all you want, but in the end, a pile of shit (your resume, cover letter and references) is still a pile of shit.

CyclonePsycho 1

Crap by any other name would still smell just as stinky.

And taste just as nasty! not that I would know..

if it came in the mail not as an email then they had already sent it you probably took to long to send it in