By Hunterisawesome - 18/11/2011 19:24 - Reserved

Today, I received a fine for leaving my car at the airport. Each day it's been there, they added an additional $50. My car was stolen two weeks ago. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 906
You deserved it 2 476

Hunterisawesome tells us more.

Hunterisawesome 8

I did report, but all they told me was that theyll look for it. I didnt have to pay the full fine but still paid $120

Top comments

Shouldn't you have reported your car stolen to the police along with the car brand, and liscence, etc?

ricerboy 0

Explain to the people running the airport, maybe they can help you out

Comments

I'd be mad at the cops for not being able to find it.

leadman1989 15

What ever crimes they committed before leaving town you will be suspected of... hope you've got good alibi's for the last two weeks. O.o

Am I the only one that thinks they should be happy they get their car back?

Yes, you are. It's unreasonable to expect someone to pay a hefty fine for being a victim...

Anai08 17

Yeah but, If OP is able to prove their car was stolen (which should be quite simple given they have a police report) then OP doesn't pay the fine AND gets their car back. Best case scenario, the airport security camera's catch the thief on camera!

KiddNYC1O 20
BoredomCentral 8

33- and you know it's a Honda.. How..?

KiddNYC1O 20

Hondas have a high theft rate... That was the joke...

If it was reported stolen you are not responsible for it. In fact you should be suing the airport for keeping stolen property on their land.

Torva_fml 16

No.... The airport didn't steal the car. Odds are it was a parking ramp, the airport isn't liable.

Uhhh.......if you filed a police report why would the fee even pertain to you. Just call them and explain. Problem solved!

SkardeyKat 3

Well, at least you can get your car back. That is a small price to pay to not have to buy a new car. Unless you have a piece of shit car that's not worth 700-800 bucks. Then you are totally screwed.

You need to appeal. It will be dumb of you to pay for something you didn't do.

Surely, you reported it stolen! Take the police report to court & you won't have to pay!! DOH!!