By SuzyTurquoiseBlu - 29/08/2012 05:32 - Australia - Fairfield

Today, I received a call from my future sister in-law, telling me that she and her future husband had decided to hold their wedding ceremony on my birthday. I was told not to celebrate my birthday, as it would "take away the attention to the true meaning of the day." FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 187
You deserved it 2 100

SuzyTurquoiseBlu tells us more.

Well, they aren't really liked in the family and I think that its both really rude and sad of them to try and piggy-back their special occasions with mine. My sister in-law and her fiancee got engaged in the waiting room while I was in ACTIVE labour with my daughter and got pissed off that everyone wasn't falling over themselves to congratulate them.

Top comments

What a bitch of her. It was your special day first, they can het hitched any other day.

Celebrate it anyways. I hate self centered people.

Comments

KiddNYC1O 20

"Bitch, I don't give a ****!" *Snaps fingers in z formation*

delicious69 5

I would party like its my birthday. What until the reception and grab the mic and let them all know who's day it really is¡

OP, If you let her do this, forget EVER celebrating your Birthday again, they'll probably tell you not to because it's their anniversary.

carminecris89 13

What she's doing is incredibly spiteful. She had no reason to do that other than hurt you and has made it quite obvious that she knows it's your birthday and could care less. You should throw yourself a nice big party, or go out with your friends, and be sure to let her know because you have birthday plans you can't attend the wedding. Try mentioning this to your brother as well, and ask him what made him do something so hurtful. Keep your ground and don't go if they don't change the date.

That is extremely rude of them. She knows it's your birthday and the ONLY reason she would add it there is to hurt you. Try talking to your brother, since his new wife is oviously a selfish bitch. If they still refuse to change it then refuse to go to their wedding. There is no reason for them to tell you not to clebrate your birthday.

Well, they aren't really liked in the family and I think that its both really rude and sad of them to try and piggy-back their special occasions with mine. My sister in-law and her fiancee got engaged in the waiting room while I was in ACTIVE labour with my daughter and got pissed off that everyone wasn't falling over themselves to congratulate them.

Wow, they -really- hate you, don't they? I'm so sorry.

That's terrible of them. Hell, my fiance and i got engaged a couple weeks before his nephews 6th birthday and we hadn't told anyone yet so i took my ring off for the party and let him have his birthday. It's just class and respect, of which your future in-laws have none.

Don't worry, it seems like you are backed by the rest of your family. They celebrate all they want, but in the they will figure out how sad they truly are. If one of the couple really is your legitimate brother, he will dump that selfish "creature" before long. That or they simply never were worth the effort.

Mademoiselle_fml 34

wow, what major dicks! at least your family has your back. don't go to their wedding.

My wife and I are expecting our first child after a year of tough medical procedures. She was told she'd never have children but finally found a doctor who'd give her a chance. When we discovered that everything was a success was while my grandmother was dying. We kept everything to ourselves. We didn't want to draw attention away from my grandmother's passing. On the other hand, my cousin, who is expecting her third child, made a huge spectacle of herself, going so far as to announce the whole thing to the entire family AT THE FUNERAL, AS PART OF THE EULOGY. Worst part, everyone already knew because she told everyone about 2 months prior.

is it a bad thing that i want to meet her just to deck her self centered ass in the ******* jaw?

Well that was very nice of you! We need classy folk like you in the world.

kitsune3 20

Your sister in law is a total bitch.

Wow, they sound like a bunch of pricks. You should celebrate the HELL out of your birthday and ignore their stupid asses. They're not worth your time anyway :)

I like how it's your sister-in-law and her fiancé, not your brother. :p

zfchatroulette 24

LOL what the ****, that's messed up. I hope you had a happy birthday... O.o

#251 @op: The fact you are calling him her fiance instead of your brother is saying enough about the relationship between the two of you :).

You are, by far, the classier one. Don't bother with them anymore than you have to.

head up :) stupid people ready to hurt us will be everywhere around the corner here and there even if they are family. so don't worry about them and their idiot and hurtful moves. Keep up, celebrate your birthday and enjoy the people who care for you and make you feel good...

elmateo_fml 9

Tell your brother to stop being a child, seems he has some issues sharing the glory with you

Wow, **** their life. You deserve better.

obviously your birth is way more important than your brother's wedding. **** everybody, it's all about YOU!

It's not about being sellfish. They have 365 days in a year to get married. OP only have one day to celebrate that special date that 21 is. WHY ON EARTH would they be rude enough and chose to get married on that exact day, specially knowing that it's OP's birthday? I don't understand why there are people on families that are so keen on picking days that are already special to celebrate more stuff. Personally I feel the urge to maim or seriously injure them... But that might be because I have something similar happening in my family. My mother and her brother didn't talk to each other because of it during to long years. It's just wrong. Point made.

I guess that "Take away my birthday" now has a whole new meaning.

tildoorf84 7

tell your future wife you dont give a shit what her sister says, and dont give them a wedding gift for being such a cold hearted BITCH

I think your birthday is more important than a rescheduleable wedding

pengin 13

I sense sarcasm. Did you actually understand the FML? OP said her future sister in law and husband planned the wedding ON the OP's birthday. It is obvious that they knew when OP's birthday is-- and decided to intentionally plan it on the same day. It's not necessarily that OP's birthday is "more" important (as yes, b-days do come every year)-- but her in-laws intentionally planned their wedding to try to permanently "trump" her birthday.