By SuzyTurquoiseBlu - 29/08/2012 05:32 - Australia - Fairfield

Today, I received a call from my future sister in-law, telling me that she and her future husband had decided to hold their wedding ceremony on my birthday. I was told not to celebrate my birthday, as it would "take away the attention to the true meaning of the day." FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 187
You deserved it 2 100

SuzyTurquoiseBlu tells us more.

Well, they aren't really liked in the family and I think that its both really rude and sad of them to try and piggy-back their special occasions with mine. My sister in-law and her fiancee got engaged in the waiting room while I was in ACTIVE labour with my daughter and got pissed off that everyone wasn't falling over themselves to congratulate them.

Top comments

What a bitch of her. It was your special day first, they can het hitched any other day.

Celebrate it anyways. I hate self centered people.

Comments

Sooo celebrate your birthday belatedly duh show some Courtesy its hard for bride-to-be's

Why should she? It's her birthday, she can celebrate it whenever she wants. Also why would she want to show some courtesy to some bridezilla who forbid her to celebrate her own birthday because the day is supposed to be "all about her" and not OP, who was born on that day?

I've been a bride-to-be as well and I understand perfectly about how stressful it can be but that is a total cop-out.

Hard for bride-to-bes? Really? They can choose how much stress their wedding requires, and deliberately picking a future in-law's bday and forbidding her to celebrate it does not reduce stress, it adds stress. On purpose.

Dear future sister in law, I will celebrate my birthday. This was my day first. I hope you choke on your wedding cake and get hit in the eye with bird seed.

shawnagreenbean1 9

**** that, celebrate the shit out of your birthday op, and invite all of your friends and family. She doesn't HAVE to get married on your birthday, I'm willing to bet she chose that day on purpose to be a bitch. Tell her to eat shit.

You better be talking about the SIL, if not and you're talking about OP, then you're an idiot.

You're obviously some troll who never got enough hugs from mommy or a decent education, or feel empathy towards others. Leave, now.

Swift4Life 13

What a bitch, since your brother is OK with the date he's a douche too.

You were born before she ****** him. **** her she's a bitch.

well if your bro cant man up and stand up for his sister then go to the wedding, get drunk and let your inner demons out and have fun.

afallingstar 22

Op, your sister in law is a bit of a bitch...not right of her to ask you to give up your special day in favor of hers...a wedding can be moved but a birthday can't...talk to your brother...unless he's a douche as well...

Didn't realize that OP is actually my twin sister! Haha They called up before they started planning and said 'you don't mind our wedding being on that day, yeah?' We had no problem. We've had to share a lot most of our lives. But when they caught wind that later that night we were going out to dinner to celebrate our birthday, they had a problem with it, even though their wedding was being held earlier that morning. "I thought you said you were ok with it!" I am ok with it, but that doesn't mean I'm not going to celebrate my damn birthday.

Hey, We have the same birthday! :D So Happy Belated Birthday to both of you! And Happy Super Early Birthday for next year! :P

Aww... thank you. xx And happy belated birthday to you as well. :)