By Avery - 24/03/2012 20:06 - United States - Los Angeles

Today, I realized I've been confusing scenes from The Lord of the Rings with American history. FML
I agree, your life sucks 9 555
You deserved it 29 986

Same thing different taste

Top comments

alstbv12 13

One does not simply confuse real life with Lord of the Rings.

If only our history was as cool as LOTR's...

Comments

O_o How the **** is a fantasy series even remotely similar to American history? I think you should start paying more attention in class.

Would you consider James Madison a hobbit?

fmlmaymay 0

Lol my world history teacher does it on purpose

J.R.R. Tolkien denied that LOTR was an allegory for WW2, but I never heard of the Continental Congress being the inspiration for the Council of Elrond. Then again, if one ignores the seven rings "for the dwarf lords in their halls of stone," then there are thirteen rings. Is it a coincidence that there were thirteen colonies?

I hope you're kidding, 'cause that's logically the same as saying the bible is about a bunch of random un-connected events (if one ignores the God part).

psycho4u 5

One does not simply walk into Plymouth. Lol

We used to have a place for people like you,now you have rights that you shouldn't.

Psycho_Babydoll 26

One does not simply walk out of school. Looks like someone didn't pass.

Wtf?! What scenes could you possibly be thinking of?!

YOU SHALL NOT PASS...American History class!!! Seriously though, how could you possibly get the two mixed up? Lord of the Rings is completely fake (not to mention stupidly overrated), there is no way a rational person could get it mixed up with REAL history.