By Anonymous - 21/03/2012 12:21 - United States

Today, I quit smoking. My son came home with an ashtray he made in arts and crafts class. FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 788
You deserved it 7 614

Same thing different taste

Top comments

This means that it will forever look just like the day he brought it home. Never tarnished with ashes. In a few months he will be bragging to his friends about it.

To which I hope you said, "Thank you very much, it's lovely." And then used it for a candy dish. Don't break the little buggers heart because you finally gave up a bad habit.

Comments

Use it to put your chewed up gum in. (:

beccaishereyay 11

Or just throw your gum away...

xStaciexLynnx 15

Then what will OP use the ash tray for?

He can use it to put spare change in or something?

TheElderTROLLZ 15

45 - A plate or food tray? There are endless possibilities!

Or you could leave it for people who come to your house that actually smoke... Or sell it on eBay!

You could hang it on the wall. Just because your son made it as an ashtray doesn't mean you have to use it as an ashtray. I use my T-shirt as a napkin. Same principle.

This means that it will forever look just like the day he brought it home. Never tarnished with ashes. In a few months he will be bragging to his friends about it.

Throw spare change in it, tarnish it with coins

AlaskanEskimo34 0
1crabbygirl 10

Excellent thought. And use the handmade *dish* to mark the occasion. Very 'Gift of the Magi'

I'll probably get thumbed down for this, but I don't mind. First off, a big congratulations to you for finally deciding to quit. I'm sure t will be difficult. However, YDI. I highly highly doubt that the education system would promote children to make ash trays at school. This being said, it wad probably your son's idea to make the ash tray for you. This means that you have been smoking far too long and far too frequently. I'm sorry but I have absolutely no sympathy for people who have chosen to smoke. Not only affecting yourself, but also those around you. You should have quit a long time ago. I apologize in advance for the rant. Goodnight.

edibleamazing 4

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
Torva_fml 16

You're really stupid, aren't you...?

Trust me, the OP would be better without cigarettes. I'd rather not smoke.

Why did 29 get thumbed down? Smoking can lead to lung cancer.

nofearjenshere 12

Maybe cause he said it in a mean way. lol

The_Troller 14

51- Maybe because of his lack of punctuation. Just a guess.

Were you dropped on your head when you were a baby? Smoking= bad just in case you haven't noticed.

Don't make fun of #3. He's mentally retarded.

What the hell does Runescape have to do with this?

To which I hope you said, "Thank you very much, it's lovely." And then used it for a candy dish. Don't break the little buggers heart because you finally gave up a bad habit.

MissHayleyJames 7

Exactly what I was thinking! Candy dishes are awesome!

I think OP is saying she is quitting because she smokes so much her son decided to make her an ash tray instead of a jewelry box or something cute.

flashback.miss 28

Good on you for deciding to quit but lol, damn you, irony!

ImafukNskittleYO 4

Awww, atleast he thought of you!! :D

SkittlesPhotos 0

That's what the kids used to do at my elementary school used to do! They would make ash trays for their parents! Thats before we knew about the harms of smoking. Now they make other things.

Dajucy1 7

use it as a reminder that you're above smoking

Angelrose2004 17

It may just be me, but I find it odd that children are making ashtrays in arts and crafts! Are they going to hand out cigarettes next?

VasilisaUzhasnaj 29

That's a bit irrelevant and extreme..I'm pretty sure the teacher didn't instruct him to make the ashtray. It doesn't seem strange to me at all, the kid wanted to make his parent a useful present. Very thoughtful kid.

Your comment is interesting. Never really thought about it. In High School I made 4 ashtrays (even though no one in my family smokes). It was just an easy grade. Two of my vases blew up so I stuck with smaller projects. (:

It isn't that peculiar to make an ashtray in school... In high school some kids tried getting away with making bongs in ceramics

Xxlaurahatakexx 9

If the 'kid' is old enough to make an ashtray, it's no longer 'arts and crafts'. That's little kid sh*t lol. It's just art class.

I made an ashtray in seventh grade, even though nobody in my family smokes. It's pretty much the easiest thing to start with.

10 - you sound like an overprotective parent who always wants to shelter her children. Ashtrays are a simple clay sculpture that can even be done in elementary schools because it can be used as a bowl or a candy dish too. Its neutral in nature. They're not condoning smoking, but not condemning it either.

fernclogger 5

He should quit before he starts...

nofearjenshere 12

Your comment doesnt make sense. :p

fernclogger 5

That's why I thought it's funny

Dajucy1 7

fernclogger, you thought it was funny, I think you're a dumbass

fernclogger 5

109 HAHAHAHA... Go **** yourself troll