By Anonymous - 26/09/2014 21:27 - United States

Today, I proposed to my girlfriend, only for her to slap me, throwing the "fake ring" away and storming off, convinced it was a cruel joke. FML
I agree, your life sucks 43 018
You deserved it 3 765

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Dude. Don't waste no more time with her. Find that ring and kick her to the curb.

Comments

numberswoman 14

Time to tell that crazy girl "Goodbye!"

pharm121 21

Why would she think it's a joke? Have you done it to her before? Or is she just stupid

The real question is did you do something to make her think you would do that to her?

Queen_of_Night 20

Why is almost everyone immediately thinking she's a bitch? Who's to say OP isn't a constant liar and cruel? I dated one of those types of guys. "Hey we should do [insert activity]!" I start making plans then ask for his input. "i didn't invite you. I guess I could ask but I never really meant to include you." ALL THE ******* TIME!

Axel5238 29

Agreed if that is her first reaction I'm wondering what OP could've said or done in the past that she would think it was a joke. I'm wondering if OP made a lot of marriage sucks jokes giving her the impression that he doesn't view it seriously or has a habit of pulling "pranks" that aren't really pranks.

Exactly^. It sounds like he's done this sort of stuff before. There is always the chance that she's reacting like this because of past experiences or because she is crazy, but those are not as likely in my opinion. Or it could also be they've only been dating for a couple weeks or they're only 16 or something. But again, more likely that this is the sort of thing OP's done before.

When my now fiancé proposed, I also thought it was a joke and that the ring was a fake. It took me 10mins of being told that it was not a joke to actually believe it.

She is not worth it buddy. I feel bad for you.

skittyskatbrat 19

Bullet dodged, bullet dodged!!!!!

Is she normally over dramatic? Have you done anything that would make her think it was a joke? Does she have emotional or mental issues? We don't know what the facts are other than what OP stated. If she is just a high maintenance diva, he should just move on. If she has other issues, then they need to talk about them. Either way, good luck!