By OysterPearls - 25/02/2014 03:04 - United States - Carson

Today, I performed in a rendition of Jesus Christ Superstar at my school. When it came time for my big solo, a whopping two lines, I forgot the words, making for an awkward eight seconds of silence. FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 640
You deserved it 9 720

OysterPearls tells us more.

Hi, OP here! We had two flawless performances before this one, and several rehearsals before that. So no, I was not unprepared in the least. I think the problem came from the lack of sleep I had before this specific performance, because; with my luck, I happened to catch a cold the night before. Thanks for the positive comments, I feel like posting this has helped me overcome the embarrassment by giving me the opportunity to laugh at my own plight! :)

Top comments

Funny how nobody seems to know that Jesus Christ Superstar is actually a musical. Like Cats or Starlight express.

Comments

just imagine how the parents must of reacted..

PattonGilette2 18

#22 and #25, I'm sure the parents would understand OP's situation. That's how they would react.

It wasn't my comment, I was merely making a correction.

that is second worst movie i've seen in school after God Spell

Hi, OP here! We had two flawless performances before this one, and several rehearsals before that. So no, I was not unprepared in the least. I think the problem came from the lack of sleep I had before this specific performance, because; with my luck, I happened to catch a cold the night before. Thanks for the positive comments, I feel like posting this has helped me overcome the embarrassment by giving me the opportunity to laugh at my own plight! :)

jazzy_123 20

It's ok OP. In high school we did 12 Angry Men (for us it was 12 angry jurors since there were both men and women). We had an intermission and when it was over we had to go back to the positions we were in but I had a brain fat and couldn't remember where to go so I just stood there awkwardly until everyone else got In position and I remembered where we left off. The audience just looked at me very confused haha. Same as you, I laugh at it when I remember.

WD_Stevens 22

I have to ask (I simply ADORE this musical) but which part were you playing and what was the solo you missed?

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

I'm guessing by the "wtf" that you've never heard of it, but it's a quite well known musical. It's also been around a long time - my primary school performed it about 20 years ago (and now I feel old).

Should've just shouted "hockey stick"

This always fixes anything^ (or makes it worse....)

That sucks OP :( stage fright sucks. I get it too

it was an intended moment of silence. least that's what you'll tell em.

What school lets you do a play called Jesus Christ Superstar?

Ikr the one I've seen has pole dancers O.o

Might be a private school, there are some rather large ones

It's a very well-known Andrew Lloyd Webber musical. I've seen it preformed in public and private schools of all grade levels.