By Anonymous - 11/09/2010 23:36 - United States

Today, I talked to my boss about scheduling my urgently needed surgery. She asked me to wait until after Christmas, and told me that I should use vacation time instead of sick leave. She's also not going to give me the total paid time off my contract specifies, because it's "inconvenient." FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 040
You deserved it 2 336

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Ummm...she can't do that. Contracts are legally binding. Unless there's a loophole she's exploiting.

Legal action would be a good idea for you right about now.

Comments

I don't think she can .... and if its really urgent, she's a total and complete bitch to make you wait 3 months because she knows more than a doctor...

threaten to sue (don't actually cuz ud lose ur job but) your boss has zero right to do that

"it's inconvenient for me to not punch you in the face" *punches boss in face* "BITCH!!!"

22 = pure win. Yes, complete bitch. I don't even think that's legal. 

i agree with the people saying the boss can't do that... op, u need to find yourself an employment law attorney and let him deal with your boss... you'll have your surgery sooner than you expect.

KingDingALing 9

OP, you better beat the shit out of your boss. **** his wife, if you can. When he dies, piss on his grave and take a shit on his tombstone.

ladykat 0

You should be able to go to HR for help. I really hope you don't work for a small company.

LemonLala 0

They have no right to fire you for suing them. That just gives you more reason to sue and win. @OP: sue. Don't threaten to do it, just do it.

you cant lose your job for filing a lawsuit against them its against the law ^-^ so sue they asses, use your paid sick leave cuz she cant keep that from you and THEN go on your vacation with the money from the lawsuit :) **** your boss shes a BITCH lol you dont happen to work for kroger co. do you? hahaha that sounds like shit they would do

******* SUE THE BITCH!!!!!!! LIFE IS A BITCH. MAKE IT YOURS!!!!

Ummm...she can't do that. Contracts are legally binding. Unless there's a loophole she's exploiting.

exactly what I was thinking, plus, she sounds like a bitch to me, fyl OP for having a bitchy boss.

Yup yup, once I saw "contract" I knew it was game over boss lady. Don't worry, you've got this in the bag!

yeah, if she doesn't take the bitch to court

Yeah, I agree with #2. It's illegal for her to do that.

exactly get a lawyer and sue her you could get at least 25k plus making them pay for it

At least a consultation. You don't know what she can get yet.

tdub10 2

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
Anaxes 5

I'm sorry Ignorance, but unless you saw the man who mutilated the English language, you'll have to leave, this is a crime scene.

Legal action would be a good idea for you right about now.

ElectricGhost_fml 5
xWTF_FML_FTWx 1

ask santa for a chainsaw so you can cut that bitch's head off and throw it in a fire >:D if you don't have anything to start a fire, you might want to get something for that too.

three letters: BBB! better business bureau!

Brilliant suggestion! (Hey look, another B! Hahaha.)

fmlizdabest 0

bieber bites big ______? lol :p