By AJL - 04/07/2014 01:30 - United States

Today, I parked my motorcycle in a parking spot. When I came back, my bike had been moved and was laying on its side with a note saying, "Sorry I dropped your motorcycle I was trying to move it forward so I could park my car because there weren't any other spots." FML
I agree, your life sucks 53 499
You deserved it 6 671

Same thing different taste

Top comments

91hayek 31

At least they felt obligated to leave an apology instead of an abusive note trying to justify their actions, or no note at all.

darlingdollie 24

That's terrible. Sorry, OP. Karma will come for those who are ignorant and self-centered!

Comments

Did they at least leave a phone number?

Stop parking in car spots then... Nothing ***** me off more! I moved one last night because he had managed to take up not just one, but two parking spots. Most towns have designated bike parking!

Motorcycles have every right to park in parking spots. That's why PARKING spots exist. For PARKING. Also, here in Canada I've never seen designated motorcycle spots so it's possible that some countries have them/some towns have them, and some don't? Anyone who blocks up more than once spot regardless of whether they're driving a motorcycle, mini, or Ford F150 is an asshole, but anyone legitimately parked in a single spot is using it as it's designed to be used.

mansen 15

Where I live, and actually in the province that I live in, it is extremely rare to ever find designated motorbike parking spots. Bike riding weather/season is very very short. Developers would rather have regular parking put in. So no, not everywhere and every place has designated parking for motorbikes. Also, they are a vehicle. Just like a car, suv, or a truck. Just because they are smaller does not mean they do not have the right to use regular parking spots. Get your head out of your ass and think beyond yourself and your vehicle. No I do not own or ride one, but I have common respect and courtesy.

I have lived in 10 different states here in the U.S and I can count the amount of establishments I've seen that have designated motorcycle parking on one hand. They are not only legally allowed, but legally required to park in a parking space. They aren't "car spots" as you seem to believe, they're PARKING spots.

At least he apologized and didn't go 110% douche

They should have known better than to touch OP's motorcycle. For those of you saying it's ok for him move to move it, would you like it if someone tried to move your car because it was in a space they wanted?

I'm sorry. Whoever left the note and moved your bike is a complete asshole. They obviously don't respect motorcycles or their riders. I say motorcyclists should receive MORE respect than car drivers because of how many car drivers hit motorcyclists. I hope you got the police involved. You did nothing wrong.

I hope you know that most motorcycle accidents are cause by the motorcyclist being dangerous, not the other way around.

That's not really true and most likely only applies to your area...

#57 Society must regret your existance

Find him and scratch his car them leave him a note saying sorry you wanted to park your bike there.

Sorry about all the "at least he said sorry" comments. They ******* touched YOUR property. It's just plain wrong.

What type of idiot parks a cycle in a car spot? You give bike owners a bad name.

I don't know where you're from, but the majority of parking lots in the U.S. don't have special spots for motorcycles. People are allowed to park their motorcycle in the same place where someone might park their car, and it's a "first come, first serve" type of thing--cars don't have priority over motorcycles.

What kind of idiot thinks a "parking spot" is a "car spot"? There are no "car spots". A motorcycle is required, by law, to park in the designated parking spots provided. Those parking spots are for ALL vehicles. I have NEVER seen a "No Motorcycle Parking" sign in any parking lot. I have, however, seen those signs on walkways, sidewalks, alleys, and pathways. Why? Because motorcycles are supposed to use the designated parking spots. Get your head out of your ass and learn basic rules and courtesy, and stop whining because someone got to a better parking spot before you. You're not entitled to a parking spot someone is using, whether or not they are using ALL the space.