By Anonymous - 26/06/2016 17:45 - Sweden - Stockholm

Today, I overheard my friends laughing about how my anxiety means I'll be single forever. I was too anxious to confront them. FML
I agree, your life sucks 13 948
You deserved it 1 580

Same thing different taste

Top comments

ourtneyc 14

friends who don't even try to understand mental health issues aren't friends at all OP

What kind of friends are they? Get people that can understand and accept who you are.

Comments

Rude and insensitive, but most of all WRONG.

Your friends are underestimating you greatly. As someone who's grown up struggling with severe anxiety, let me tell you it's something you can learn to manage. It just takes time and practice. It's really helpful to attend therapy/groups if you don't already. I'm glad I did. Just hang in there and don't give up :D you got this

You need new friends, the ones you have are horrible. You don't need to concern yourself with people like that, you're above that, OP. I hope you manage to conquer your anxiety - I'm still battling with mine. All the best to you.

Don't worry about what they say. I have ridiculous anxiety, but I was one of the first married among my friends and family my age and I am one of the few still happy n my marriage. Just because you aren't as confident and outgoing as everyone else doesn't mean there isn't someone out there for you who will love you and perhaps even be able to help you find the confidence you lack. My husband is a VERY outgoing person. Nothing embarrasses him and he can strike up a lively conversation with anyone. It's placed me in some very uncomfortable situations but, because he is the one doing all the talking, it gave me the time to overcome my extreme shyness and engage in more and more conversations myself. They think you will be alone forever, but the reality is that you just might find the person who can help balance you out and help you overcome some of your anxiety. It's not that I "need a man". He is just so cheerful and social that it's infectious. It's easy for his happy vibes to pull other people into them. He's just one of those people that kids, animals, and other adults all seem to gravitate towards. I admit to being a little jealous, but he's a pretty awesome person.

They will eat their words one day. I have severe social anxiety and spent 9 months in counseling to learn to deal with it. My husband has severe anxiety, depression and PTSD. The only thing we love as much as each other is our son and we have never been happier. There are so many understanding and compassionate people in this world, they are just more quiet then the assholes who don't get it. I hope you find the courage to take charge of your mental health because you are stronger than you will ever know. Love yourself because your opinion is the only one that matters at the end of the day.

I have anxiety and depression and have found my soul mate. it can be hard to open up, but you can get there if you try. as for your "friends", when stuff like that happens in my life, I find info/articles (in this case, on anxiety) and share it to facebook or wherever and say, "for anyone who would like to understand me better, read this." I find it isn't confrontational and gives people a chance to be better.