By Anonymous - 26/06/2016 17:45 - Sweden - Stockholm

Today, I overheard my friends laughing about how my anxiety means I'll be single forever. I was too anxious to confront them. FML
I agree, your life sucks 13 948
You deserved it 1 580

Same thing different taste

Top comments

ourtneyc 14

friends who don't even try to understand mental health issues aren't friends at all OP

What kind of friends are they? Get people that can understand and accept who you are.

Comments

Those are friends. Anxiety and depression isn't something you can control and they shouldn't judge you for having it. Time for some new friends OP! Keep your head up

They aren't your real friends. You deserve better than them. As a severe anxiety sufferer I know first hand how difficult it is meeting new people, in the dating world and out, but trust me on this one, you won't be forever alone. When you least expect it you'll meet someone worth going after, someone who'll love even the worse in you. Anxiety isn't a life stopper, all it does is put your life in slow motion, and in some cases on pause, but with a little work you'll eventually be able to hit the play button again. Your 'friends' are assholes. I wouldn't bother confronting them on this issue, just cut them completely out of your life.

I know that feeling OP. It sucks but you will be ok ❤️ (I have anxiety too) They obviously aren't real friends. You deserve better.

You need better friends OP! Hope you feel better soon..

ChiefKoala 30

Okay seriously **** them. I'm so riddled with anxiety and depression and I've still had girlfriends. You have to keep your chin up OP. And i know it's hard, trust me.Lately I've been contemplating suicide (and no, this isn't a joke), but I've forced myself to do stuff. So i know it's hard having anxiety and having people make fun of you for it. I know it's hard even existing, even ordering food on your own can seem like an impossible feat (because it is for me). In fact, if you happen to see this please don't hesitate to message me on here if you need to talk to someone because i know exactly how this feels. My dad and mom make fun of my anxiety all the time. Stay strong OP, and drop those "friends" of yours. You don't need them, and they obviously don't care much about you from what was said in your FML. Please keep your chin up doll, it's going to be okay some day.

Your advice is good. Please keep it in mind for yourself, and remember there are people out there who can help you. Suicide is forever and things are going to be okay someday.

Your "friends" are jackass's not friends .I'm sure you will have someone when you feel it is best to do so.

Aww so cute, Be strong. Youll outwit and outlast them.

It's cute too make fun of someone with a mental disorder? Seriously?

Le_ponderer 14

Dear anon OP, love will find you. You will not grow old alone because there is someone out there who will adore you as you are. Do you have a pet? Having one to care for and talk to sometimes helps.