By Mommycakes - 03/03/2015 13:14 - United States - Apache Junction

Today, I noticed that my son was less excited about losing a tooth than normal. I asked him what was wrong, he said, "Tyler told me that the tooth fairy died yesterday in a car accident." To which Tyler replied, "You're welcome." FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 956
You deserved it 2 920

Mommycakes tells us more.

Just a quick reassurance, Tyler is my other son. Thanks for the support!

Top comments

Yes and it was sad, but it's a good thing the tooth fairy had an assistant that was glad to take over while they find another fairy to take over the job.

Comments

I don't know the whole story, but I'd say just tell him the truth, tell him the tooth fairy never existed, I've never understood why parents blatantly lie to their kids

For the joy of their kids. It's the same with the 'Christkind' (or Santa in other countries). Children are happy when magical people/creatures leave little presents for them. They want to spy on them to see them eventually and it's exciting.

harmtouch16 11

Um Tyler may be a sociopath...prly should see someone about that.

Maybe he is his dad? Or (more likely) his older brother. And maybe he is 16 or older. We know nothing about Tyler so I wouldn't assume he is a sociopath or something.

i_needa_username 17

Tell him it was actually santa who died.

AlittleSanity 11

Is your last name Durden? That could be an issue...

Ummmm Thanks Tyler! No but seriously, I would keep an eye on that kid on Easter, Christmas, or any other holiday with magic characters involved. Your kid deserves to be a kid and believe what kids believe :)

Tell your son that fairies fly? Tyler got the wrong news.

When I was really little, my tooth fell down the sink when I brushed my teeth. I was really upset and in the morning I woke up to £1 and a note from "the tooth fairy" saying she'd gone down the sink to get it. I hope you did something like that OP because I really believed it and it made me happy :)

When I was about 4 my tooth fell out while playing at the park in the sand. I couldn't find it afterwards and was so distressed. The 'tooth fairy' wrote me a not saying how she had seen me crying and went back to the park and looked through the sand to find my tooth. I got an extra dollar because she wanted to make me feel better.

Actually, that was pretty awesome of Tyler

Actually, that was pretty awesome of Tyler