By SakuraFubuki92 - 12/03/2012 02:13 - United States

Today, I moved out of my apartment by the highway and airport, and into a new place below people who blast loud music, stomp their feet, and slam doors throughout the night. I haven't had a decent night's sleep in over a year. FML
I agree, your life sucks 24 119
You deserved it 2 740

SakuraFubuki92 tells us more.

SakuraFubuki92 12

Well, I get disability because I can't walk well and am really sick so I barely make enough to put up my part of the rent, let alone move. My best friend/roommate has already complained.

Top comments

You can complain to like the residence office. Sorry I'm not sure what it's called exactly, but they'll give them a warning. We had people EXACTLY like that at my dads old apartment and they gave them a warning and once they got too many complaints, they were kicked out.

Comments

Naomimi_fml 6

...Sounds like some crazy sex!

btstig 11

Beat on the ceilings with a broom whenever the music and stomping stops.

The people above me won't shut the **** up either. It sounds like they are training for the 2012 Olympics up there

Complain to your landlord and/or the police? Maybe they'll do something about it... Edit* that might get your ass kicked if they find out. Never mind. Join the party? It's fun...?

If you haven't slept well in 1 year, you really didn't move out TODAY, did you?

The one year he didn't have a decent rest in was when he was still living in his old apartment. The FML is on how he can't get any proper rest even after moving.

All fmls start with today. Doesn't necessarily mean they happened today.

lily_may02 3

I'm sorry, that sucks :(. Try to get some noise canceling earphones? Or have a fan on to drown out the noise? GL to you!

I feel your pain. Where I live it's the same way. Constant screaming, stomping and slamming doors. You can complain unless the office is full of douches like the place where I live and they don't do anything. Apparently a lot of people have crappy neighbors from the comments already.

i liv next to da turnpike but i jus play muzik

perdix 29

Ambien. Sleep at work. If you live in such shitty places, you must earn shit money at a shit job. If you sleep there, no one will give a shit.

if the landlord won't do anything about noisy neighbors tell them you want out of your lease, if they won't stop paying rent, when they sue for breach of contract, countersue

Iknoweverything 29

Countersue for what? Failure to honor his contract with the other tenants? If the landlord didn't assure OP that the building was quiet, there's not a whole lot to go on. Honestly, just because you CAN sue about anything doesn't mean you have a case.