By althornton2462 - 12/10/2015 00:27 - United States - Hudson

Today, I messaged the guy I've been seeing for 4 months, referring to him as my boyfriend. His response? "I didn't realize you had a boyfriend." FML
I agree, your life sucks 23 475
You deserved it 4 232

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Seems understandable if you have not ever talked about it.

You need to talk things over with him. If you haven't discussed being boyfriend and girlfriend, then I understand.

Comments

yoursucklives 36

ouch. seems like you're not on the same page relationshipwise.

What I wanna know is, how could she refer to him as her boyfriend in a message to him, in a way that could be interpreted as someone else being her boyfriend? I just can't construct such a message in my head.

lolbash 18

(Opens Imessage) Him: Hey whats up Her: oh nothing, just talking to the best boyfriend ever on imessage riight now Him: oh, didnt know you have a bf Her: (silently screaming)

born_hustla 26

If it was a clear cf and and he seriously ignored it, then you should seriously reconsider!

johnny29 14

maybe he was just joking. i can't belive he could be so oblivious. you should discuss the status of your relationship though

I'd be oblivious too if I didn't have a girlfriend. "Seeing" someone doesn't make you boyfriend and girlfriend unless you're 10 years old. Labeling a relationship on your own without discussing it with the other person seems like a big warning sign. Unless she was joking, I don't foresee this going well.

Seems understandable if you have not ever talked about it.

He may think you guys were just good friends, seems like something that can be sorted out by sitting down and talking to him

As you referred to him as "the guy I've been seeing for four months," you sound a bit unsure as well. It seems that there could be some ambiguity in your relationship. Perhaps he wants to be your boyfriend but he's been afraid to bring it up with you.

If she referred to him as her boyfriend, the FML would have been really confusing. It was worded well.

I'm pretty sure the entire point of the FML is that there's ambiguity in their relationship.

bad_boyfriend 10

Have you ever discussed it. Whenever I starts seeing someone, it is very clear when we become a couple. Why would you just assume a couple months hanging out makes him your boyfriend?

Okay then. Maybe discuss your status with him?