By Anonymous - 04/03/2016 14:52 - United States - Dallas

Today, I made the decision to lighten my hair from dark brown to blonde. I thought the stylist knew what she was doing, but I ended up with my hair fried off and orange. FML
I agree, your life sucks 21 537
You deserved it 2 597

Same thing different taste

Top comments

aliciousness116 16

Haha that sucks. Demand for a refund. No one should pay for that

Comments

Props to you for going to a stylist. But as a cosmetologist. Going blonde is NOT easy. You WILL wind up with damaged hair that will need to be cut and orange. Dark colors pull warmer. Hence the orange. Simple toning with remove the orange color. But we are stylists not magicians. You can't expect to go from dark brown to blonde in one setting and your hair be perfectly healthy and fine and blonde. It just doesn't happen. Any time you lighten you hair it damages it a lot. Trust me. Been there. That's why I had to cut mine off. So I'm sorry you expected to just be blonde right away. The stylist should have gone over the outcomes that could happen.

As a stylist, there's no 100% sure way to know how a client's hair will react to lightener. We have educated guesses but still. You will definitely need to lighten your hair again as others have already said and a conditioning treatment. But I wouldn't do the lightener yourself and have it professionally done mostly because you can damage your hair even more without even realizing it. But that's just my professional recommendation.

Don't feel too bad I bleach mine once a year and the last time I did I set my hair on fire. I am very near sighted and held the blow drier a little too close lol. But if it was "professionally" done, get a refund.

Luckily it was only the layer right above the ear right ear before I got in the shower, if I comb the side down you can barely tell, the joys of crappy vision lol. I just wish I could have gotten this published as my own fml

Ruskiy_Cherep 18

Goin for that Ron Weasley look

orange like my fur lol but that does suck for you fyl

The Donald is a lovechild of an orangutan and a white woman. Go ask Mr. Maher. I believe 5 mil is involve in there somewhere

I've gone from black to blonde, at home with a box kit, and never gone orange. I'd get a refund.

bebakinsz 1

Put blue food coloring in your shampoo to cancel out the orange.

Blue food colouring is not a substitute for toner.....

Isa_fml 20

Eek, I'm sorry! I'd find a different stylist and see what they suggest.

I hope you got a refund or a new stylist.