By Anonymous - 04/03/2016 14:52 - United States - Dallas

Today, I made the decision to lighten my hair from dark brown to blonde. I thought the stylist knew what she was doing, but I ended up with my hair fried off and orange. FML
I agree, your life sucks 21 536
You deserved it 2 597

Same thing different taste

Top comments

aliciousness116 16

Haha that sucks. Demand for a refund. No one should pay for that

Comments

If you can't stand living with orange hair and dont have money to professionally correct it you could try a "temporary" dye. They use 10 level developer and are much gentler on hair than anything permanent. Probably good to use a dark brown- use one with cool tones to cancel out the brassiness or warm tones if you wanna embrace the redness, but be careful because it could turn out copper-y. Your hair is super porous right now so it will suck up the color. It will fade quickly but is a compromise to give your hair a bit of a break without having to live with the orange. Hairstyles with bandanas and headbands are your best friend right now! Good luck OP, sorry about your hair!

This is correct. Ask for a refund and buy a semi-permanent red/brown auburn colour and when the auburn fades after a few washes, you'll have a nice light reddy/browny colour, which I liked for awhile when I was colouring over a terrible "ombre" job.

Following on from #17, as I've learned with my own escapades with stripping and bleaching my hair, ash tones are excellent for cancelling out brassy tones.

You don't mix temporary color with developer. Also a blue tone will neutralize the orange. Your stylist probably attempted to jump of the ladder

A couple of people I know did something like that and their hair turned grey. I think it has to do with how much time they leave it in for.

SilverInGray 25

Gray is usually caused by toner, not bleach.

Everyone's hair takes to the coloring process differently. The bleaching process may take one round or it may take several to get the proper color. Typically, blondes will require toning as well. The best thing to do now is take it slow, use a low volume developer (nothing more than a 20), and heal your hair. Use a coconut oil, cocoa butter, and olive oil mixture in your hair and leave it overnight to help condition it and definitely see a new hair dresser to get rid of the fried and split ends. Be sure to get recommendations or check reviews for the salon before you choose a new one. Good luck!

JMichael 25

Sweet! Now you look like Mrs. Frizzle from The Magic School Bus.

I always thought Ms Frizzle was a beautiful woman.

I agree 100%. Ms. Frizzle is amazing.

I've had that happen, luckily just in a small section that snapped off close to the root. My hair had been dyed black for ten years so I was kind of expecting something tragic to happen. I was able to laugh about it but my stylist was in tears. She also got in trouble for not charging me for it. It's growing back now, but I've learned to use manic panic bleach at home and take it slowly, leaving it in for no longer than 20 minutes at a time. I hope it's not too bad, OP, and it will eventually grow back. Just use a lot of deep conditioning treatments in the meantime.