By mancuneanway - 06/03/2016 13:11 - United Kingdom - Bacup

Today, I made 2 beautifully decorated cakes for Mother's Day. One was for my mother in law and the other for my mum. I came down to pack my mum's and found they had both been half eaten. My brother in law decided he wanted to try a bit of both to decide which was better. FML
I agree, your life sucks 20 841
You deserved it 1 479

mancuneanway tells us more.

Ok OP here. Thanks for turning this into a funny situation. My brother in law is the baby of my husbands family. By 'baby' I mean a 21 year old man who eats, eats, eats! I didn't feel the need to tell everyone not to touch it until they had been given it as I had written Happy Mothers Day (Mum… and Mum…) on them both. They were both red velvet cakes decorated the same way to avoid any jealousy amongst both women. I ended up just scooping the writing off and playing it off as a random cake I had made. My brother in law still doesn't see what he did wrong but I shall be breaking his hands if he touches my birthday cake this month lol.

Top comments

Dear 2&4, she is in the UK. It is Mother's Day there. The fact that she used "mum" should clue you in on the fact this was not written in the US.

Among the dumber stories that end up on this site, I'd say this one really takes the cake!

Comments

mzdaisylynn 12

My dad and sister do this all the time. Taking food that is not theirs. I started leaving notes next to the food that I baked saying "This is not for you. This is for the party/dinner/etc..." and I make a smaller batch saying "For anyone, enjoy!"

ViviMage 38

Congrats to your brother in law for being the only male in the world to give birth and be a mother! Make him bake, make him pay to go to the bakery, or pay you for the time to rebake and buy the ingredients. Unless your brother is mentally ill or very young he should have obvious Mother's Day cakes alone!

Ok OP here. Thanks for turning this into a funny situation. My brother in law is the baby of my husbands family. By 'baby' I mean a 21 year old man who eats, eats, eats! I didn't feel the need to tell everyone not to touch it until they had been given it as I had written Happy Mothers Day (Mum… and Mum…) on them both. They were both red velvet cakes decorated the same way to avoid any jealousy amongst both women. I ended up just scooping the writing off and playing it off as a random cake I had made. My brother in law still doesn't see what he did wrong but I shall be breaking his hands if he touches my birthday cake this month lol.

I have to give you credit op, I don't know how I could be around such a prick and not go off on him or just keep away from him. It's very sad that you have to do that, I think it was far kinder than to him than he deserved, especially given that he won't see his wrongdoing.

Sounds like "man" is a bit of a stretch here. He sounds like a little kid

Shit like that pisses me off. Seriously. Is he illiterate? Or just always a rude, selfish asshole? He's 21. He knew they weren't for him, he was just being an entitled prick. He would be banned from my house, after being told exactly how much of a douche he is, and not welcome back until he knows basic manners and etiquette.

1_Jew 15

Mothers Day is May 8th this year. Who makes a cake almost two full months in advance? Still though what your brother did wasn't cool at all.

ViviMage 38

Actually Mother's Day in the uk (where this was fml was posted from) is March 6th.

Not every country celebrates Mother's Day on the same day.

Wow I'm sorry OP that sucks! I hope you were able to make new ones for them.

Shay_Shay97 23

I think you should "introduce" him as the asshole who ruined their Mothers Day cakes. Let the ladies do the rest.

Make another cake. Fill it with laxatives.

I think this happens to a number of us with younger/dumber/drunk/stoned siblings. It got so bad in our house for a while, I would put a picture of the early cake eater in the "cake hole" and present it, and would tell mom/dad/grandma that my sister loves them so much they celebrated early. Remember turnabout is fair play...make him a cake for his next big party, have the family eat all but a single piece the night before, and only present him with a single slice.