By maxmess - 21/06/2016 21:39

Today, I'm staying with my in-laws. I'm obsessive about cleanliness and neatness. They're candidates for a certain show about hoarders. I want to shower in bleach. FML
I agree, your life sucks 13 075
You deserved it 1 125

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I'll stay tuned for your episode OP!

I like to watch Hoarders... Makes me feel better about my messy room.

Comments

Are they literally candidates for an episode? Let us know when to tune in haha

I stayed with a relative once when I was visiting from out of state. While I really appreciate them letting me stay, it was a psychologically traumatic experience. The house was filthy. It was impossible to discern the color the 30 year old carpet was supposed to be. It was actually black in high traffic areas. The smell was awful- indoor cigarette smoking and trash that was rotting in the kitchen. The bed my daughter and I shared had mismatched dirty sheets. I couldn't sleep for fear of bedbugs or lice. There was junk piled everywhere. There were car door panels in the living room piled on top of other junk. The floor in the shower felt like I was going to fall thru and the mold and mildew was overpowering. I had to hunt thru laundry baskets in the living room for towels. My mother was a hoarder, so I know this probably stems from that upbringing. I also know my obsession with cleanliness and organization comes from being surrounded by chaos growing up.

I know the bleach-shower is tempting, but don't do it. The chemical burns will only hurt more when exposed to garbage.

Did you know beforehand? If so why did you stay there and not get a hotel room

I would still differentiate between hoarders and just filthy people. I know some hoarders, too, but their flat is just full with stuff and not really dirty. I am more afraid to get buried under their stuff and never be found than being disgusted.

I know how that is, Im currently staying with my in-laws who are the exact same way, except to make matters worse my father-in-law hates my guts (for no reason) and is constantly saying that im stealing from him or giving some other kind of excuse as to why he hates me. The man even tried to bring me 4 states away and leave me there all because he overheard my conversation with a friend of mine who wanted my partner and I to move up there, but not bring my partner just me.