By babylove - 11/04/2014 21:58 - South Africa

Today, I'm in the process of adopting a child. When I called my mom to tell her the news, she just said, "Oh honey, don't adopt, it's the worst decision you'll ever make." I'm adopted. FML
I agree, your life sucks 53 170
You deserved it 3 359

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Awww that sucks OP. Don't listen to her! I'm sure that you will be a great adoptive parent and good luck!

Who cares what she thinks. There's a child that needs love and you'll do a phenomenal job OP

Comments

Awww that sucks OP. Don't listen to her! I'm sure that you will be a great adoptive parent and good luck!

^ Exactly, and well OP you already know it is the right choice otherwise you wouldn't have thought of it in the first place!! :)

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

50 is completely right... I'm not saying adopting is the wrong choice, but your argument for why it's definitely right is pretty ass, 47. I for one would prefer people think through their choices of adopting children instead of adopting every time they think of doing so since it "must" be the right decision if it occurred to them.

I don't know about the rest of the world but in the UK you don't just decide to adopt and go down to the baby pound to pick a cute one. Once you've decided it's what you really want to do there's interviews, screenings, home visits etc before you're even placed on the list.

61, don't bother. Seems the majority of this site is fans of spontaneous life decisions that affect multiple people.

rawlings123 17

How do you know she'll be a great parent.. You don't actually know her. Her moms does and maybe she's onto something.

either she forgot she adopted u (which I doubt) or she's a bitch.

I think its pretty damn obvious she knew, and is just another asshat.

I think adopting is a wonderful idea, good for you OP

Who cares what she thinks. There's a child that needs love and you'll do a phenomenal job OP

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Op never said she didn't know she was adopted. Simply that her mom said it's a bad decision when op said she wanted to adopt also.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

I think you need to reread this FML. Twice.

Is there an echo in here #8 & 10? You posted the same wrong answer TWICE!

SDee1234 11

Wow, your Mom is kind of a bitch. But on a good note. Congrats for deciding to adopt. You are going to make a child very very happy.:-)