By 1942Ford - 07/05/2016 14:08 - United States - San Francisco

Today, I'm getting a medical scan, so I had to drink a barium shake for breakfast. It was so disgusting that I puked it back up. Now I have to drink another one. FML
I agree, your life sucks 12 275
You deserved it 1 289

1942Ford tells us more.

OP here - can't believe this got published! I kept the second nasty shake down and survived the scan, only to have cramps and diarrhea the whole rest of the day. I really know how to party on a Saturday, don't I? They did the scan because I've been having abdominal pain. Should have the results next week, hope it turns out to be nothing!

Top comments

Sir_Cow 17

Might be rust considering you're a car from 1942.

Those are god awful, hopefully everything was good in the scan!

Comments

Hope the scan turns out to be fine! Next time, hold your nose (then you won't taste it) and chug it down. It'll be gone before you know it!

Ive had to do that several times too Op, theyre the worse...hope everything goes well

In case anyone is still reading, I got my results back and everything looks normal. When I started having this pain a couple of months ago, I figured it was because of endometriosis, which I've had since I was a teenager and doesn't show up on a ct scan. My doctor wanted to make sure it wasn't something else, and it isn't, which I say is good news.

congratulations! that's always a relief. hope you won't have to drink one again!

hpdrew15 9

I have a problem with my esophagus called EoE and I have had tons of barium swallows. I feel your pain!

garchomp32154 3

I feel you I have had that same experience