By writerflaw - 10/03/2015 17:36 - United States - Juneau

Today, I lost a grade on an essay, because according to my teacher, I put much more detail into my analytical essay than I should have. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 810
You deserved it 3 430

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Honestly you need to talk to someone about that because you don't want to end up with a crappy grade because your teachers an idiot.

I am saddened by the American school system.

Comments

Superfluousness maybe? It's good to have details, but different to restate the same point redundantly and shift focus too much.

Reminds me of English class when my teacher gave me a lower grade because she didn't like that my story didn't have a happy ending.

Was there a page limit that you went over? Putting in too much detail just for the sake of having a longer paper IS a bad thing. Longer is not always better. Being clear and concise is important.

maybe you should have analyzed your details ^-^

Sorry bro, I know how you feel. Similar thing happened to me in HS. Prof said that the paper had to be 5-6 pages, and she would take away points if it got any longer. My paper was 6 pages long (up to the very end), and she took away points for it not being long enough.

My History teacher did this to me. The essay was to describe slavery and apparently I over explained it!??!

That happened to me today, apparently making a reference about Steven Hawking while giving a presentation about neurological diseases is "straying off topic".

isn't the fact tht ur from Alaska an xml within itself

Well, I think they use xml files in other parts of the world too...

Nothing is ever good enough for a teacher