By Anonymous - 19/05/2013 04:16 - United States - Great Falls

Today, I lent a pair of expensive headphones to a "friend" for the weekend. As a thank-you, he bought me a soda. He moved this weekend, taking the headphones with him. I lost a $250 pair of headphones for a $1 soda. FML
I agree, your life sucks 45 186
You deserved it 21 381

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Never lend to friends. Remember the notepad FML?

Tbh who lends someone $250 pair of head phones. Should of just bought him a $3 pair from a supermarket.

Comments

Lrigglez 7

Tell your dad maybe he'll play some sad songs for you.

I wouldn't have lent out such an expensive item to anyone I couldn't kept an eye on, not that I would buy headphones for a price like that in the first place.

Track his ass down and get your headphones back!

Decent people won't borrow something that expensive from you, it's fairly impolite to ask for such a favour. I'd only lend something that expensive to my closest friends, people I truly trust and know. Anyway, you should track him down and get your stuff back.

Friends definitely sometimes borrow more expensive stuff than that from each other, without there being anything inherently wrong with it. Have you never borrowed a friend's car, or had one borrow yours?

People are less likely to steal a car from a friend though. Slightly more difficult to get away with for one thing.

Agreed, a car is less likely to be stolen (though perhaps at least as likely to be damaged). But I've loaned other more-expensive things to friends before, such as our carpet cleaner. For me, at least, it's not a matter of a firm dollar limit but of how much I trust the person. (I guess it's also possible the borrower didn't know the headphones were expensive.)

He has one of the following: cellphone, email account, facebook account, any other social network account, you probably have common acquaintances, so you can track the dude down.

Soda headphones are gone now? That sucks OP

abukaramel 10

Maybe you should call him. You never know, he might've forgotten.

jhh0991 5

You just lost $251 doll hairs!

Sometimes it pays to be selfish and not lend your stuff out. I learned that the hard way and now I get called stingy but there is a reason. I used to share my drink with 'friends' at college and they would drink the entire thing, or not put the lid back on properly and chuck it in my bag if they took it without me knowing. Ruined textbooks, twice, has made me stop sharing drinks. I feel paranoid just letting a friend hold my phone to look at a picture, I couldn't lend anything expensive lol. It always gets broken or lost, I had a friend that borrowed a game and when I asked for it back she said she had lost it, but it was there on her shelf when I went to her house. Bleh, people don't care about other peoples belongings :(

Yeah, I only lend really close friends things, as it's amazing the number of books and dvds that never find their way back to me. I decided to be nice at a party once, and lent a girl my new $100 jacket, as her skirt split, and she never returned it, even though we were at the same school (different grades) and I asked her several times for it. Bitch.

Same. I lost a cellphone, some clothes, a few books, and a fair amount of money to "friends" before I learned my lesson. No more lending unless I know I'll get it back.

kidsgotastinky 11

If he was your friend wouldn't you have known he was moving?