By Anonymous - 03/11/2014 15:54 - United Kingdom - Bath

Today, I learned that the house I've been living in and paying rent for the past two months was never advertised as vacant. I learned this when the actual homeowners walked in, and called the police for an "intruder." FML
I agree, your life sucks 41 123
You deserved it 3 637

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Show them the lease you signed...that should clear things up

How did this even happen? :/ I hope you got it sorted OP and you have a place to live now.

Comments

It wasn't advertised as vacant? I'm sure you didn't rent a house thinking people lived in it. The home owners can't sue you, they can sue your "landlord" though.

This is why you don't go to them homeowner agent people if you want to buy a house, you go to the owners.. or at least just ask the owners if their house is on rent.

Op didn't buy the house, it was rented. Also, plenty of homeowners don't want to deal with renters directly. That's why they use agents. They might not appreciate you contacting them directly.

I hope that the owners are at least nice enough to let you have a bit of time to pack and find a new place before they make you leave...

At least it was only rent and you didn't "buy" the house from them or anything. that would've suck a lot. Still, sorry OP.

Was there food in the kitchen, clothes, children's artwork????

How was the house being completely furnished and I assume still full of the owners personal effects such as clothes, photos, toiletries, and electronics not a red flag to you?

I'm sure there were some toiletries, clothing and pictures there right? Unless whoever rented you the house took those out.