By Username - 09/05/2011 07:38

Today, I learned that chivalry truly is dead when a seemingly fit man pushed me into a door to get a seat on the train before me. My leg is in a cast. FML
I agree, your life sucks 39 854
You deserved it 3 394

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Cobra731 0

I woulda just kicked him in the back of the head with my good leg if I were you.

ArmedcrackerR6 8

you didn't know it was every man for himself?

Comments

stormlvr 0

I'm sorry. That wasn't very nice. Maybe you were too pretty for him to talk to so he rushed by embarrassed of making a fool of himself?..... (ya I know it's a long shot)

cptmorgan15 2

In that case, let's hope OP is a girl.

ItWasAllWorthIt 0

I doubt a man would be saying "chivalry is dead."

missL1z 5

You Ma'am is being too whiny. Welcome to the World.

And it's an attitude like yours that made "the real world" the way it is. Why are people so complacent in letting assholes be assholes? I highly doubt you'd be quiet if someone pushed you into a door, especially if your foot was in a cast. Also, it's "you are" not "you is."

Dude! If you don't want to hear people whine, then WHY THE **** ARE YOU ON THIS SITE?

LOL. I am just here to insult the clowns!

by my comment above I meant that I agreed why the hell this chick was on this site

MakeAScene 4

"You Ma'am is being too whiny." ..What the hell?

That and they look at you suspiciously if you do that for them. I'll do it anyway, and if they say anything but something nice, ignore em.

Looks like a moderator deleted my sensible comment about women not wanting men to cater to them just because they own a ******. Along with all the other sensible replies. So who's the sexist mod?

Could you take the time to scroll up to comment #128 - the one with 5 thumbs up and your name underneath it - and try not to pathetically blame others for your own tragic brain-sharts?

It's in the post above! Oops. Moderator beat me to it. And LOL @ brain sharts!

I regret to welcome you to the 21st century. Where people decide to live a "dog eat dog world" But hey, it's thanks to some women who do not want men to hold doors open for them that chivalry is dead. Some women just want to prove to the world that they are masculine enough to open a door themselves, and label you a sexist if you want to do things for them.

denbeste 3

What the photoshoped picture guy said.

39- it's not photoshopped. Once upon a time, when I was a bad kid, I though that as well. Then I learned

Opening doors for people, regardless of gender, is a courteous thing to do. I'm sure a minuscule amount of women are offended when men open doors for them (I have never heard of this happening), but to suggest that women bitching about men holding doors open for them killed chivalry, is beyond ridiculous. It's the desire to be treated equally that is killing chivalry. Women don't want to "prove" that they're "masculine" enough to open doors for themselves. Women want to prove that they're not weak and fragile, that they don't need to be catered to simply because they have a ******* ******. Women don't appreciate you doing things for them because they're women. It implies that they can't do those things for themselves, and need a man to do it for them. Open doors for people because you're a decent human being, not because the person you're opening the door for has ****.

chemeesh 0

but she was in a cast! it's common courtesy at this point, not chivalry haha

South Africans are never photoshopped. unless hiding from the law.

VasilisaUzhasnaj 29

The world would be so much better if everyone treated one another like human beings rather than to their according gender.

and skin colour, and where they come from, etc.

i find it stupid that ANY girl doesn't want a guy to hold the door open for her!! honestly it just makes it less work for you.

denbeste 3

104, it IS photoshoped. I work with it every day, the evidence is right there.

Catch_fml 0

It's about equality, period. No preferential treatment for women or men. Women get the same courtesy extended to men, no more or less. No chivalry, which is inequality. Feminism and chivalry are mutually exclusive.

Catch_fml 0

Sorry, posted in the wrong place.

iAmScrubs 19

swing your leg up and hit him with the cast..

Did they change it from "my leg hurts" to "in.a cast" or am I hallucinating?

Fohz 9

Now now, let's not generalize. Sure there are a few jerks out there... But that doesn't mean everyone is only looking out for themselves. There are plenty of people still willing to take a moment to help a stranger.

FreebirdIII 1

beat him over the head with your crutches.