By Pissssd - 31/08/2009 01:56 - United States

Today, I interviewed for a job at a pharmaceutical lab. During the interview, I said something about a past work experience that made the interviewers think that I would enjoy doing something similar to that... so they gave me a warehouse job instead. I have a degree in chemistry and biology. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 922
You deserved it 4 074

Same thing different taste

Top comments

dude, you should tell them that it's a misunderstanding.

lendmeyourteeth 0

Comments

hope you're not gonna test on animals... if you were then you're better off working in a warehouse its way nicer.

YDI i´ve never seen a job add that asked for someone with a degree in biology . Get a real job

123sploosh 0

you are such a huge douchebag.

If this is real, you must have graduated from a shaddy college and really really under-qualified for the job. Maybe they offered you warehouse job instead because they think you're never ever going to make it in the pharmaceutical field??

xmeesh 0

Dude, better than nothing. I mean, helloooo.. We're inna recession?

They thought something was wrong when they said their pharmaceutical company experiments with drugs all day, and you got a boner and said. "Me, too, I love to experiment with drugs all day!" They mean something different, idiot. What was this great past work experience that doomed you? Getting stoned at your funeral home job and playing hacky-sack will some dead guy's ********?

Mag_The_Chodja 0

I see all these guys saying that a job is better than no job. xD This is true, but I'm siding with the poster on this one. I have a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Systems. I applied for an IT position at a hospital, and now I'm a supply clerk. I worked 4 years to get paid 8 dollars an hour.

chicagofireallez 0

Hmm I hire people to work in a fast food restaurant and start them at more than $8 an hour. Maybe you are as likable in your interviews as you are when you bitch on fmylife.com? If so, that could probably be why you can't get a better job. You're welcome.

the_stereotype 0

I'm tired of all of these FMLs starting like, "Today, I did this, this, and this at some point in my life but my job or my life sucks, but I didn't do anything about it. FML." No offense, but YDI for not doing anything about it. You could have just told them that you wanted a job relating to biology or chemistry instead of posting it on fmylife.

Hawk3487 0

i agree with #23, if you got the degrees, why didnt you speak up!? at least inquire about it! "While that position would be great, do you have any job openings that would require my background in biology/chemistry?"

just apply to a similar job related to ur degree when it comes up, u gotta start somewhere right?

Oh no! You started at the bottom of the company like everyone else "today I was treated like a normal person -fml"

why dont you let your degree go find you a job then