By Anonymous - 16/03/2013 18:55 - United States - Escondido

Today, I have the flu. I had to wash the dishes, cook dinner, take out the trash, and take care of the laundry, all while my wife sat around watching TV, because she was "too tired". I work 8 hours a day. She's a college student. She doesn't see what's so unfair about this. FML
I agree, your life sucks 42 382
You deserved it 8 221

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Redtick 9

Sounds like a spoiled bitch to me.

I don't know about you but when i had the flu i had headaches, body aches, sore throat, and a runny nose. The last thing i wanted to do was move.

Comments

And when a woman does exactly all that, also when she has a flu, it's considered normal. That a guy won't move a finger to help is normal too. Also, college actually -is- a job. A job you often take home (homework) and you get no pay for it at all.

jem970 19

I am with you! I would always take care of my baby when he got sick. My boyfriend and I live an hour and 45 minutes away from each other and when he was feeling sick I went and made him a "get better" bag full of stuff he might need and drove it there to him. What is with people and not taking care of their significant others these days?

Although I agree that it seems like she's treating you unfairly, you're ultimately enabling her laziness by completing all the chores yourself (especially when you're sick). She has no motivation to do any work herself because everything will get done regardless. Perhaps you should pick up dinner for yourself on your way home from work sometime (though not mention that you've done so to your wife), and impose the choice upon her of either going hungry or cooking dinner herself, without it being of much consequence to you either way. If you apply this strategy to other chores as well, you will be giving her motivation to share them more equitably, since they literally won't get done without her efforts.

It's incredible how oblivious people are sometimes. Hang in there you have a good work ethic and that gets you places but don't be a push over have a talk with the girl.

OP has the flu. That tops all. I personally don't know how he had the energy to do any of that. If I were him I'd just go to bed and leave it all. It might all still be there when he gets better, but at least he won't be drained while working.

TheyCallMeDamien 17

This will be your future if you don't say something.

Someone get this guy a medal, because Man-Flu is serious business!

Atchoo 8

As a college student, I worked twice as many hours as a "full-time employee" for five years to earn my degree. She probably should have helped out, but the implication that college students have it easier is total bunk.

fksfsdhfsdfh 26

Stand up for yourself! Mens rights!