By biscuit - 07/01/2011 05:46 - United Kingdom

Today, I had to walk three miles home from work. Both my parents were at home. The reason they wouldn't collect me is apparently because I've "gotten so fat, your grandma cried after she saw you". FML
I agree, your life sucks 22 426
You deserved it 25 819

Same thing different taste

Top comments

so... walking never hurt anyone and by the sounds of things you need the exercise

well, you do need exercise but i dont think what they did is the best solution

Comments

Rawrrcx 0

I thought grandmas loved their grandchildren to be fat cx

3 miles isn't even 30 minutes. Suck it up.

I walk 3 miles to school almost everyday in a little under 30 minutes. It's not that bad.

Astrum14 24

Seriously? You commenters are awful. What if OP's job requires her to be on her feet for eight hours before walking that three miles home? What if it's the dead of winter and below freezing? What if her job requires dressy shoes that are awful to walk distances in? Or even if none of these apply, walking three miles when you're not fit is a hell of a lot different than walking three miles when you go running daily. Going from zero exercise to three miles is excessive and unhealthy.

It's not that far. In fact, get a bike and make it easier on yourself. Or perhaps you could try running. Maybe running and walking combo to start out with. If the weight is really that bad, perhaps this could be the excuse you need to start doing something about it.

Sounds like you need to stop being fat fatty

If this is your job shouldn't you have some way of getting to and from it? Would you not have made sure it was on a bus route or at least brought a bike. Forcing your parents to ferry you to and from work is quite selfish and not the kind of independence a working girl should have.