By greenchan - 25/02/2011 05:12 - United States

Spicy
Today, I had to take an emergency contraceptive. I was talking to my boyfriend about it, and I told him that my stomach really hurt. His response? "Aw. That's just the baby dying." FML
I agree, your life sucks 51 277
You deserved it 20 949

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

have you looked at my pic? yes that was serious.

Gee I can't see why you wouldn't want a baby with him!/sarcasm That's not even how emergency contraception works. "Emergency contraceptive pills will not cause an abortion. EC is not the same as the abortion pill. There is no time when the emergency contraceptive pills available in the United States would end a pregnancy once it has started. Hormonal emergency contraceptive pills don’t have any effect if you are already pregnant." The emergency contraceptive pill prevents your egg from being fertilised or implanting. It isn't perfect but in a less than perfect situation it protects you from being connected to this jerk for the rest of your life, sharing custody and sorting out child support etc just because the condom broke or whatever. He's an insensitive idiot saying upsetting, untrue things to you at an already difficult time. Maybe this is a wake up call about who you have sex with since he clearly doesn't respect you! You deserve better and you will find it one day and then just look back on him as a mistake.

fthku 13

You just can't wait at an opportunity to lash out at men, can you? Most of what you say I actually agree with (in general, not here) and you're smart, but it does seem like you just can't wait to jump at an opportunity to call a guy an ass. It was a joke. You have no right to condemn anyone (guy or girl) for telling a joke, which for all we know, OP laughed at, or the boyfriend regretted saying later. Haven't you ever said or done something which you really regretted doing later? Felt so guilty about? Worried that you came out as this terrible person, but you know you're not?

Griggy 0
MissFukMyLuck 0

I'm sure it is the idea. I know I know some people are emotionally detached from the world, but I'm sure it's an fml because she has the idea of a child which, had she not stopped it would have happened. in some peoples minds that's murder. and her boyfriend is an insensitive pos

lolol_BKYCHO 3

You do realize an emergency contraceptive is not the same thing as the abortion pill right? The morning after pill (as its often called) does not end a pregnancy if it has begun, it destroys the living sperm to prevent pregnancy from happening, and it isn't guaranteed. The abortion pill is what terminates an early pregnancy, its a completely different pill.

danbaseballfan 0