By MiceMiles - 10/12/2015 12:34 - United States - Seattle

Today, I had to explain to my boyfriend that miles are the same distance for everything. He thought that human miles were different than mouse miles, because they're smaller. He's 34. FML
I agree, your life sucks 23 940
You deserved it 2 470

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Damn, so when that mouse was bragging to me about running several miles, he was talking about ACTUAL miles?! That IS impressive.

Comments

I would have loved to hear his explanation as to why they are different and what size they actually are , how does that even come up!?

To be fair, I would think that because a mouse is 100x smaller than me so they would have to do much more work to move a mile compared to me. Then again, I have random moments such as OPs husband so I can't say much.

I personally would like to hear the explanation of how this even came up. Like, how does one naturally bring up "mouse miles" in a conversation?

"Whoa, did you see that mouse run by?! It must've been going about 65 MMPH." "...what the **** is MMPH?"

3 miles for a mouse is equivalent to the hobbit journey to destroy the ring.

Damn, so when that mouse was bragging to me about running several miles, he was talking about ACTUAL miles?! That IS impressive.

They may not be smaller miles, but they're cuter ... than your boyfriend.

Hey props for abstract thinking. Can't hardly find that anymore

i8cake 12

Oh he's a bright one! Good luck with explaining nautical miles to him!

Well, miles are based on feet, which were based off of someone's foot, so I guess there's a bit of logic in that. But seriously people, just use the metric system..

They are not based off of someone's foot...

They are. It used to be called "The King's foot." Trouble was, every time a new king's reign began, the unit of measurement would change, so they picked a foot and never changed it again. I must say though, that guy's foot was huge.

Well, now I know. You learn something new every day. :)