By future walmart employee - 21/05/2013 04:10 - United States - Clarendon Hills

Today, I had my first job as a wedding planner. I'd spent a year making sure everything was right. After the wedding my friend comforted me by saying, "You had to have known it wasn't going to be perfect." I knew that it wouldn't be perfect, but I had expected the groom to at least show up. FML
I agree, your life sucks 47 465
You deserved it 3 171

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Surely that's not your fault. And if a groom leaves his bride at the altar in front of everyone, instead of honestly discussing things face to face - who would want to be married to a man like that anyway?

Comments

Medd_fml 13

That sounds like an FML for the bride, not you. Besides, just because he didn't show up doesn't mean you didn't plan a bitching party.

perdix 29

You forgot to subcontract a hillbilly with a shotgun to guarantee the groom's attendance. How do you get your wedding planning degree without mastering the lyrics of Billy Idol's "White Wedding?"

This will not effect your work portfolio as a wedding planner darling trust me, I own my own wedding planning company in Canada. Just breath and move on. I deeply feel sorry for the bride my heart goes to her! Just know there is nothing you could have done, a groom with cold feet isn't something you can control. You can not force him to get married.

Fyl for having trying to end up with nothing Not your fault though

that's so crazy!!!!! and don't think Walmart is your only option for future careers...at least McDonald's gives you discounts on your phone bills plus you eat for free :)

Why would their career be over because the groom didn't show up? Also why would they fall down to an unskilled job? You don't get free food at McDonald's either, you get it discounted.

Gee, I wonder how the bride feels. But poor you, right?

vencku 13

In your world only one person can feel bad about a certain circumstance, huh? So when a man leaves his wife, who gets the right to complain? The wife or one of the children? OP didn't say that it wasn't a shitty situation for the bride. But that the bride is upset doesn't mean OP can't be as well.

leogachi 15

It's funny how you point out that Op didn't say the bride couldn't be upset. I guess I missed the part where 32 said that ONLY the bride should be upset, because I didn't see it anywhere. But I'm sure trying to point out that Op shouldn't be nearly as upset as the bride is the same thing.

Yeah, the angry father with a shotgun in his back sounds mooch safer.

What a smart man! Sorry aout wasted time, though.

Look on the bright side, you got paid to have a trail run. You aren't responsible for the groom not showing. Its not as if, on the night before the wedding, he was sitting around thinking "The plans for the wedding, the arrangements and all the decoration is so awful I couldn't possibly go through with this wedding. If only the location, food, venue were different." F the brides life, not yours.

Occupational hazard. At least you still get paid for your hard work. Better luck next time!