By future walmart employee - 21/05/2013 04:10 - United States - Clarendon Hills

Today, I had my first job as a wedding planner. I'd spent a year making sure everything was right. After the wedding my friend comforted me by saying, "You had to have known it wasn't going to be perfect." I knew that it wouldn't be perfect, but I had expected the groom to at least show up. FML
I agree, your life sucks 47 465
You deserved it 3 171

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Surely that's not your fault. And if a groom leaves his bride at the altar in front of everyone, instead of honestly discussing things face to face - who would want to be married to a man like that anyway?

Comments

You're day could've have been worse. At least you weren't the bride.

Collect the cheque, get a written recommendation and move on. Just hope the groom doesn't put down 'HATED EVERYTHING ABOUT THE WEDDING' on the card. Just kidding. He's probably in hiding anyway.

pazuzus_intern 10

Wow, that sucks OP, but you have to remember that your not responsible for other people's love lives, or in this case, acts of cowardice. I can't promise it'll get better, but I bet that wedding was gorgeous with or without him!

doglover100 28

Don't feel bad, you did your job, the groom didn't. He should've talked to his fiancé instead of ditching her.

Well, you could always go the route of becoming a marriage therapist considering the rate of divorce these days...

That's not really your fault. But it is a bad thing to experience when it's your first wedding.

icepick23 12
bmo1013 4

Some guys amaze, and not in a good way. You're not up for the wedding? Then break up with her BEFORE it. Don't leave her on the alter, crushing her her heart, embarrassing her and her family, and making all the guests travel in vain.

blazon_paradox 23

Groom's the douche, yes, but that doesn't mean you did a bad job planning the wedding.