By Anonymous - 22/09/2015 02:47 - United States

Today, I had finally summoned the courage to break up with my boyfriend, something I've needed to do for a long time. Right before my speech, he presented me with tickets to my favorite band a month from now. FML
I agree, your life sucks 24 934
You deserved it 5 996

Same thing different taste

Top comments

If you went with him I'm sure you wouldn't have had as much fun as going with any of your friends or alone even

Now, I ain't saying you a gold digger but.....

Comments

I really hope OP is not considering staying with him just because of the tickets. Using someone like that is just wrong.

Catto-Golden 23

I don't think she's trying to use him, and the Fml is that she'd feel bad breaking up with him after such a sweet gift

You'll just have to make a decision. Why not accept the tickets and then break up after the concert?

Because that's a shitty thing to do to a person

because then you are an asshole.. and he should be the one breaking up with you

If you're a decent human being you broke up with him anyway but offered to buy your ticket (or both of them, especially if he doesn't like that band). If you're the kind of scum that seems to be commenting, we'll see a "My girlfriend broke up with me" FML up to a month from now.

You know those FMLs where it's like, "Today, I just got back from a very expensive vacation and then my girlfriend broke up with me. Turns out, she only stayed with me so she could go on the vacation." ? This sort of reminds me of that, but on the other end. Telling him how you feel would be best, OP, or you're bound to get called some names and possibly garner a reputation.

mwali02 32

The rumours are terrible and cruel... But most of them are true... OP, don't be that girl.

Most of rumors are spread by bitter people throwing a tantrum and are lies (example: person getting rejected then lying how the person that rejected them sleeps around or some other bullshit).

Omg! I did the same thing to my gf a year ago but she broke up with me and ill be honest your bf will be sad, and somewhat hurt, but your happiness will be bigger and better than any other outcome.

Take the tickets, and break up with him next week.