By Anonymous - 22/09/2015 02:47 - United States

Today, I had finally summoned the courage to break up with my boyfriend, something I've needed to do for a long time. Right before my speech, he presented me with tickets to my favorite band a month from now. FML
I agree, your life sucks 24 934
You deserved it 5 996

Same thing different taste

Top comments

If you went with him I'm sure you wouldn't have had as much fun as going with any of your friends or alone even

Now, I ain't saying you a gold digger but.....

Comments

What is wrong with some of you people? Half of you women sound like utter gold diggers. I'm so glad I married a woman that's not an asshole! Wow, half of the suggestions in here are absolutely ridiculous. Break up with the guy, refuse the tickets and don't be an asshole. Don't break up with him AND waste his money on your ass. Be a decent person and buy your own damn tickets. Don't string him along because you're too cheap to buy your own tickets. If you want to see your supposedly favorite band then do so on your own dime. If you don't want to do that, then clearly the band doesn't mean that much to you after all and you're not much of a fan anyway. I guarantee this is some stupid teenager and the band is some lame ass boyband. Stop trying to be all grown up and actually be one ... do the decent thing and break up with him and DON'T **** him over by wasting his money in the process!

I love how all you guys assume the boyfriend bought the tickets out of pure generosity of spirit. I highly doubt that is the case. Unless OP comes back and explains, quit painting this guy as a victim. Most likely he knew about OP's plans and was trying to stave them off.

It would be wrong time stay with him to see a concert

Don't use a person for trivial things. It's pretty messed up that this seems like a difficult decision to make. Not calling you a bad person, just make the right decision.

jlaw2000 6

All these comments from gold digging ****** is why I'm not a feminist.

All these comments from basement virgins is why I'm not an ignorant basement virgin?

I'm making an assumption here, but it's probably that she doesn't want to break the guy's heart after he did something sweet for her. Just because you need to get out of a relationship it doesn't mean you don't care about them.

PunkPrincess_fml 11

How dare you leave somebody so kind and thoughtful!

tkeeton46 17

so I guess you'll use him for the tickets and dump him after? sounds like society now a days if that's true