By TrailerTrash - 20/03/2009 23:34 - United States

Today, I had artfully managed to avoid anyone knowing that I was moving into a trailer park. I showed up at the trailer where all my friends, co-workers, and exes were waiting. My parents knew I was feeling down and wanted to throw me a surprise 'moving in' party. FML
I agree, your life sucks 66 466
You deserved it 4 706

Same thing different taste

Top comments

In a lot of areas, such as the one I live in, trailer parks are not very nice places to live. In these areas, those stereotypes are actually true the vast majority of the time. I can see why (if the OP lives somewhere like this) he/she might not have wanted people to know. And it's not about cheap living. There's often a reason that it's cheap -- it's a bad place to live.

Comments

aaa919 0

Trailer park, could be way worse...which is sad to think about.

sirfuzzitoes 0

You're a douchebag. I wish there was a choice for 'Your life is f'd because you deserved that one, you pompous prick.' Based on Mnemic's comment, they're trying to not judge that you're being ignorant by saying you didn't want anyone to know you're moving to a trailer, but I'm guessing if there were less-than-favorable circumstances, you deserved them. Humans are not creatures of circumstances, circumstances are creatures of humans. You make your own life, so stop playing victim and do something to make a positive change. If you want it badly enough, you'll achieve it. Douchebag.

welldang24 0

You're pretty naive if you think that just "wanting it enough" makes for a better life. Some people are born into financial situations that are extremely hard to overcome, and every day is a struggle. Wishing on a star does not get you out of the trailer park.

rttr 18

I think YOU are the douchebag.

I can't understand how so many people that were affected by the current financial crisis react like it's not suppose to happen to them. I don't know the exact circumstances, but if you were that embarrased about it, why would you tell your parents? I wouldn't tell anyone. Or i would try and live with friends or parents for a while until you got back on your feet. And since your co-workers were there, it sounds like you didn't even lose your job!! HOw the **** does this happen?

pitts_the_shit 0

Because having a job apparently means you can afford any type of housing you could ever want.

kel_riv 0

that sucks, it's tough going through down-grades in life like that, especially when it's not even your fault. you're not a terrible person for being embarrassed by that. i would be too.

bigrederin 0

Really, it depends on what "kind" of park you live in. My trailer's a double wide with almost 2000 square feet with 3 bedrooms and 2 full baths. And there's lots of bigger, nicer ones than mine in the park - everyone has their own yard and driveway, and it's definitely one of the nicer parks around. Background and credit checks for everyone who moves in, and there's no trailers older than (I believe) 1995 allowed in the park. Too bad it shares a border with the county meth lab trailer park. *That* place is the proverbial "tray-lur pahk." It all depends on location and maintenance. Don't let your trailer turn into a shit-hole, and you'll be fine. Besides, your friends are probably all living at home with their parents. At least you're out on your own.

GoMeat4103 0

A lot of you guys are acting like the financial crisis has nothing to do with all this. If you even acknowledge that it does, you also say "oh well it's his fault for thinking it wouldn't affect him." He probably still has his job, but has to accept lower pay or something, and because of that, a trailer is his option. If that happened to you, you might be embarrassed as well. It's not like he didn't try in life, it's that the money situation right now is affecting him.

"Hmmm... why don't we invite his ex's," your parents think... Actually, what were your parents thinking?