By Anonymous - 24/02/2016 16:39 - France - Issy-les-moulineaux

Today, I had a heart attack. At the hospital, the doctor compared my heart to a stressed out 60 year-old's heart. I'm 17 and I don't even have a job yet. FML
I agree, your life sucks 24 207
You deserved it 1 940

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Hope you're feeling better - stress can come from many different things, doesn't have to be financially related. Could be an over worked body

Comments

I'm 15 with a pacemaker so I kind of know how all that goes....Hope you feel better :)

Are you stress over jobless? Cheer up! Things will only get better OP!

Good luck in the future. Luckily we are in a great age of medical advancements.

uchihadesendent 14

I hope you figure out what this is OP.

Holy shit, that's a serious bummer (and not to mention scary as hell). I was recently admitted into a hospital because doctors found a ton of fluid around my heart, which my heart produced due to the cancer I have irritating it (Hodgkin's Lymphoma, it's an otherwise non-serious cancer). I luckily got it drained before anymore damage was done, but I was told that I would've had a heart attack within the week had they not done a routine ultrasound on my heart. I can't even imagine actually having one, it scares me just thinking about it. TL;DR: FYL dude. For real.

Op, when I was 17 i almost died, and I was diagnosed with heart failure. I was prescribed a heart infusion medicine that I was taking 24/7 through an iv that was fed by a pump I wore on my waist. All throughout my senior year of high school, my heart health was closely monitored, and my doctors and I had finally come to the conclusion that two months after I graduate, I would undergo a surgery more complicated than a heart transplant, to last me until a suitable organ was found, for a heart transplant. Well, once again luck was only on my side enough, to prevent me from dying. The night before my graduation, I was shocked 6 times through a pacemaker/defibrillator that was implanted in my chest, and the next day hours before my graduation, I was flown two states over, to prep for my surgery, which was jump started for later that week. Almost two years after having a pump implanted by my heart to help me live, I'm working full time, and still waiting for my heart transplant. The only way that it could've been worse, is if I died. I'm your, "it could have been worse". The key now, is to have the most positive attitude that you can, and only strive to make your life better. If you do any drugs, quit while you're ahead. Good luck, I hope you get better.

the things that come to mind are a naturally weak heart and/or extremely low stress tolerance. I actually lost a classmate to this in the 4th grade of all things. it really bothers me how fragile the body can be when 10 year olds and 17 year olds can have heart attacks.