This is a Nearly FML. It’s an FML, nearly. It got positive votes from the users, by wasn’t approved by our team.

By Journeyman1 - 17/06/2017 00:00

Today, I had a doctor's appointment and expected him to say something about my weight, because I clearly lit up underweight on the office scale. I wasn't expecting him to keep me waiting for 75 minutes and then not utter a peep about it. FML
I agree, your life sucks 3 367
You deserved it 764

Top comments

missyfiona89 28

If it was a concern, why didn't you say something? If it isn't, why are you bringing it up? Congratulations for not being fat?

That sucks. And you probably couldn't have mentioned it yourself after that recent tongue-removal you had.

Comments

neuronerd 28

First, as many have said, if you have a concern at a doctor's visit, voice it, especially if you feel it's related to why you made the appointment. Second, doctors don't generally comment on weight unless you're significantly out of a healthy range. I've been underweight and overweight in my adult life, but only by a few pounds in either direction, so my doctors never really said anything. Sounds more like you wanted to tell all of us you're not fat.

Utterlyhere 0

I think OP is saying there's a link between the doctor making them wait and them being underweight. The post is poorly written, we can't understand the situation.

doctors aren't supposed to comment on a patient's weight unless it's a medical issue. it causes people to get snotty and change doctors. if it's something you wanted to talk about, then ask your doctor about it. textbook YDI.