By Anonymous - 02/05/2012 22:41 - Canada - Winnipeg

Today, I had a chest x-ray. I thought everything was okay, that is until the tech gasped slightly and muttered, "Mother of God." I asked him what was wrong, and he kept insisting he had no idea what I was talking about. Now I'm so upset I can't even sleep. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 086
You deserved it 2 471

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Actually, he can't say jack shit to him. He's a tech - his job is to take the X-ray, not to interpret it. It would be ethically reprehensible for the tech to tell him anything. It's just as wrong for the tech to say what he did.

Wow, the amount of ignorance swirling around here is staggering. You're all wrong. The tech is not supposed to say anything, so no one got trolled. And the amount of radiation from a chest X-ray is 0.1 mSv, or the same radiation you're exposed to just living for 10 days.

Comments

The tech knows exactly what he is seeing on the scan it's just they aren't allowed to say anything to the patient. It would be against the hospitals policy to "interpret" what he is seeing.

worsazkie 0

Omg You people are so slow. He said "Mother of God" because he saw her breasts. There was nothing wrong with her until the result comes out and before that they don't or can't tell you anything. So take it as a compliment, he likes your breasts. In other words, you have awesome boobs. ;) Be happy and go to sleep with a smile on your face.

Sparks808 10

So wait... You can't sleep, so you went home without finding out what, if anything, is wrong with you? Especially with the Freudian slip by the tech, you'd think you'd demand answers.

Nothing is actually wrong and the tech did it to mess with you. Lol hope that's the case anyways.

worsazkie 0

Omg You people are so slow. He said "Mother of God" because he saw her breasts. There was nothing wrong with her until the result comes out and before that they don't or can't tell you anything. So take it as a compliment, he likes your breasts. In other words, you have awesome boobs. ;) Be happy and go to sleep with a smile on your face...

33-I think the OP got trolled as well but when it comes to medical health like this they should never joke about it unless they know the patient personally

DocB' - I'm sure you are right about the tech' guy not being able to say anything but the real issue is as 72 point out - if hs can't say anything then he should be careful not to say anything. There is a considerable risk in medical staff of all type forgetting that what they deal with day-to-day are not pieces of meat or collections of organs but living, breathing and most of all _thinking_ people. If I conduct a test on you and then gasp you know damn well that I saw something unexpected. "I will remember that I do not treat a fever chart, a cancerous growth, but a sick human being ..." Their state of mind is part of their state of health and the above should apply not just to their family and finances but also to whether one causes unnecessary stress. I will spare you my personal example of this type of thing but assuming patients are unthinking can cause them a great deal of unnecessary trouble.

....I love you.... and your brainnnnn big juicy braiinnnnnnnmm

Is it me or are people not reading what others are repeating over and over. Techs can't say anything... period.