By CA19oo - 27/05/2012 13:13 - United States - Grovetown

Today, I got yelled at and called a pedo by a mother after I sat down in a swing next to her daughter. I was too embarrassed to tell her that I'm a 20 year old who really does enjoy swinging in my spare time. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 865
You deserved it 4 878

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Why can't 20 year olds enjoy swinging? There's nothing wrong with that

Welcome to the real world, where every male is a pedo...

Comments

Don't tell her that you love swinging around in public

TarieBoo 2

reread this and you'll see he didn't.

It was a joke, it was supposed to be funny

pinkpixie06 11

Assuming it was a public park, you have just as much right to swing as her daughter. She has the right to take her child and leave if she feels uncomfortable. That's what I would do!

Not necessarily. If it was a public playground with signage that it is for children (which is often the case) then he wouldn't have "the right"* to be there. *I used the dreaded quotes because we don't necessarily have a right to be on public property. It falls under the category of a privilege. Think, say, a military base where most of us have no authority to be there.

pinkpixie06 11

You are correct. I guess I should have said a park open to the public. But where I live, I can't recall ever seeing signs that specify that the park is for children. Most of the parks where I live have ball fields, basketball courts, grill pits, etc... so they are open to all. The only signage I've ever seen is to state that the park closes at dark.

Shadow_Phantom 26

I guess for some reason, it's looked at as 'creepy' if a guy swings at my age (21,) but 'cute' if I go and swing. *sigh* Society these days... FYL, OP.

Who doesn't love swinging?! I'm sorry OP, I hope you find a better swinging spot soon.

It's pretty pathetic if you'd rather be thought of as a pedophile than a 20 year old who likes swings.. In fact, Wtf?

Damn OP you should of just told that ignorant ass mom that you liked swinging. It's better than being a called a pedo.

weepingangel_fml 7

Next time? Don't swing next to any children. Or you could buy your own swing set and put it up in your backyard (if you have one)? Or only go swinging at night.

No! It's ridiculous! What next, don't go outside in case you walk past a child and someone thinks you're going to sexually abuse or kidnap the child? Peoples attitudes need to change...

Yeah 28, what's wrong with an adult without a child hanging out on playgrounds. Next you'll be telling me to get out of the ball pit at McDonald's.

Yeah, probably not good to be in the ball pit, you might hurt some of the children since they're small. Also, you're probably not actually allowed there... Unlike a park for example.

71- way to sound like a moron...theres a difference between a play ground and the ball pit at mc *****....a pretty big difference at that.

zuzupetalsYO 11

They are both covered in pee

88- that comment actually made me sad that you comment on here....

Hey 81, way to prove you're an idiot. There's a big similarity - a playground and the ballpit are intended for children. Dumbass.

Actually a ball pit is for children you are right there but play grounds are for general public you dumb son of a bitch.

And just so you know ball pits usually have age limitations while parks do not have such limitations. Now who's the idiot?

theprique 1

say "don't flatter yourself your daughter is twice as ugly as you"

Yes, let's insult the poor child to get at the mother. Absolutely flawless plan. How do you do it?

theprique 1
PYLrulz 17

Admit it... You're a bear, aren't you?!?