By Too fast. - 07/12/2016 05:54 - Uruguay - Montevideo

Today, I got told by my classmates to slow down because I put too much pressure on them. I'm taking a class in accounting for the first time in my life, we are all over 25 and so far we are doing basic math. FML
I agree, your life sucks 9 213
You deserved it 780

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Did they all say that or some? Some people learn differently..Some a lot slower than others. However, I'm guessing studying accounting means you should already know basic maths?? Anyway, I'm sure you can speak to the tutor to provide further advanced math for you to study independently.

TwinkleToes7 15

That is a little sad.. at least you seem to know what to do!

Comments

35 year old who just passed the cpa exams here. Don't let anybody hold you back. The exams and accounting in general take no prisoners. Use this time to get the best you can. You'll be up against people who put their all into it.

Congrats! Especially since it's only gotten harder the last few years (at least in the US).

So your class mate is still using an abacus?

yotsu 14

My Math for Food Services class was like this. Chapter 2 was addition and subtraction of things like prices, and we had to spend at least a WEEK on it and classmates were STILL confused!

vikingchick 22

I hated accounting. If you understand it then keep moving forward and ignore them.

orangejubejube 20

That's pretty understandable. Math is something a lot of people haven't used since high school, with calculators and google we don't ever really have to do it on our own. As well, some may feel that a classroom setting is intimidating, especially if you haven't been in one for a few years. So to be sat down with a group of people you may or may not know, and have to solve a problem you haven't formally seen since like grade six..can be a bit much to some people.

Basic math is difficult for some people. Don't disrespect other's learning abilities.

I'm THAT bad at math, even basic arithmetic, so I can understand the other person.

Don't slow down. Leave their toxic asses in the dust.