By Rowan Curry - 15/09/2012 15:37 - United States - San Jose

Today, I got mad at my parents and threatened to run away. Things got so bad that I packed a bag and left, planning to hide in my front yard to teach them a lesson. It's been two hours, and I'm still standing behind a bush in front of my house while they make no effort to look for me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 9 668
You deserved it 49 306

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Dblocker 18

They're not going after to you because they know you'll be back when it's dinner time.

Comments

You couldn't just go up to your room and stay there until things cooled off? YDI for being an attention seeker, your parents are probably tired of your shit.

Maybe the way of threatening them wasn't strong enough

Hiimhaileypotter 52

Or OP's parents just knew where s/he was...

unknown_user5566 26

Or better yet, OP should not have "threatened" them in the first place. When do temper tantrums ever turn out well on FML?

What are you, five? They probably figure you'll come back when you're ready.

Well obviously they know you are being an immature asshole. You are going to end up walking back in because you don't have money food or a place to go to. You depend on them to live.

I've been in your exact shoes at one point in my life. When you cool off you'll realize how silly you were acting. :)

Yea I did the same thing too, I was 5 years old though. No ones gonna take you serious with those accusations.

kittytub 12

47- me too. I packed my little hello kitty suitcase, slammed the front door twice, and went into my room and cried.

olpally 32

Yeah, that'll show them op... Grow up and get back inside. Jeez

Mom to dad "your child still in the front yard?" dad "Yes and I'm not claiming that moron, you must have had an affair"

GetTheFuckOut 7

What are you, ten? Grow up, kid.

Sorry OP, your parents clearly called your bluff.. But really, I'm sorry you had such a bad fight with your parents! Hope things Get better soon :)

It probably wasn't even a fight. OP probably just threw a temper tantrum because his parents wouldn't get him the new toy he wantes

It's okay, I'll fix it for you. "Great parents. Stupid, petty, attention-***** little brat."