By Godsfavourite - 14/09/2011 05:42 - Australia

Today, I got kicked off the train because I refused to stand for an old lady who wanted to sit down. There was an empty seat right next to me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 893
You deserved it 7 294

Godsfavourite tells us more.

Godsfavourite 4

The train had those seats that run parallel with the walls of the train, not the window and aisle seats. And I tell you know that the lady was just one of those people that looks down their nose at most youth. I was in no way disrespectful to her and when I pointed out the seat next to me and she went and told the security guards that I refused to stand up for her. It's messed up, man. OP

Top comments

saIty 17

That's right, fight for your damn chair. We can't let the elderly win at everything.

Comments

And this Is exactly why I hate the elderly.

12vballchick12 5

Well technically you will be wat you despise one day...

That settles it. I am not going to get old.

The good thing about is that day isn't for another 40 years.

btstig 11

Just from the comments from this FML, you can tell who got their ass whipped and who got time outs when they were kids.

Sue the train company for discrimination. You should be allowed to choose yourself if you want to stand or not.

ctm987654321 3

your an idiot. Let the old lady sit down and move to the empty seat, why would ya make a big deal out of it

Says the person that can't tell between your and you're

Full fare vs senior discounts..... I think it's unfair, while I will happily offer a seat to some one on a packed train I won't move if there are seats available unless requested for a decent reason, e.g. Needs an isle seat.

stayhighdontdie 2
leadman1989 15

1 somebody's a derp, for not using the empty seat. 2. If I pay for my ticket no ones gonna tell me I HAVE to give up my seat. Which under normal circumstances I would but if I'm having a bad day DON'T COME AT ME BRO!!! Plus everyone seems to think this was a sweet old lady some old people are downright dicks!

btstig 11

True. She could have been an old ****. Still older generations have been through more shit in their lives than we have. Out of pure respect for them you should get your disrespectful ass up ad learn some god damn manners. Some people might think your grandma was a **** but you would still get up for her right!!! MUST HAVE BEEN A TIME OUT KID.

leadman1989 15

"older generations have been through more shit in their lives" NOT TRUE. It depends on the person. Some old people have had it easy, and some young people have had horrible lives (I'm from a war torn country) I went through more than a lot of people ever will before I could even walk. My grand mother can barley stand so we would make sure there was room for her before we leave, and she's not a dick. As for being a time out kid NO I wasn't my parents believed and still believe spare the rod spoil the child... but I won't raise my kids like that because it's slightly barbarous.

btstig 11

Everyone case is different you can't put your situation next mine. And the same goes for me. Kids can't help where they are born and raised. But at the same time you respect your elders. As do I.

According to the law of fml, old people do crazy shit to the op, help one out bad stuff happens, dont help one out, like so many people here suggested on this site, shit happens. you just cant win

It's funny that no matter how clearly you are in the right, the opinion of the elderly always trumps those of the young. That sucks, OP!