By yus - 21/10/2014 19:46 - United States - Orange

Today, I got drug tested for the second time this week. It's Tuesday. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 692
You deserved it 5 068

yus_fml tells us more.

Hey, author here! So basically, I'm in high school and the school I go to does drug tests to all of the students and it is completely random. Some people are tested multiple times, other people are never tested. It is basically whatever the computer says. So no, It was not because I failed it the first time or because I was suspected of doing drugs.

Top comments

I can't tell if this is an FYL or YDI. It depends on the circumstances. If you were doing drugs previously (or failed the first), YDI, but if it was random, that's another story.

Comments

Axel5238 29

I'm wondering if the OP has friends that do, but they don't use. I had a lot of friends that were/are still big pot smokers. Never liked it myself, but at the time because of being friends with them I'm sure a lot of people thought I did as well.

Defeats the purpose of "random" drug tests

It really doesn't. Random doesn't mean a different student each day...It's what happens after many tests that matters. After thousands of those tests there should an almost equal amount of tests done by each student but it doesn't mean that for example student A couldn't do 10 tests in a row. Not removing him from the list after his first test actually makes the testing even better. If OP is a drug user he could think that there's no way they'll make him do the test twice in a row and he could risk doing drugs shortly after the test.

well op is a girl and she's said she doesn't do drugs...

good you don't have to pee one more time in restroom...

zarrie_carrie281 21

probably because the club was going up

CurlyQute 17

I was drug tested on Friday... But that was because I got a second job.

The real question here is whether you failed a drug test twice this week.

Job interviews? It's possible I have had three in the past week...

I really don't get this drug testing fanaticism in the US. To me it's like being asked randomly if you stole something or attacked someone. I'm totally ok for drug testing in jobs such as pilot, doctors, truck drivers, etc but even then, there is a fine line. You can test positive if you were exposed to a joint smoke or if you wash your hair with hemp shampoo. But highschool students? This is plain ridiculous.

That's a nice way to destroy's someone's reputation. Even if you manage to explain a false positive a lot of people will think you just found a way to get away with it. You will be labelled "junkie" for the rest of your education.

Obviously doing something wrong if they think your are on drugs that bad