By Crystal_da_thing - 29/01/2015 10:10 - Australia

Today, I got attacked by a monkey. My country isn't even supposed to have monkeys in it. FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 720
You deserved it 2 814

Crystal_da_thing tells us more.

I'm the one who wrote the fml turns out it escaped from a traveling zoo

Top comments

See no, hear no, speak no, monkeys. Just get attacked by one.

kittykath32 22

I hope you didn't go completely bananas.

Comments

i_needa_username 17

I bet that was more fun than a barrel of monkeys!!

Australia is a continent, not a country. So it's very likely there are monkeys around their country, just not primarily in it.

KeannaLove 32

So Australia's not a country, yet they have monkeys running around said country? Makes perfect sense.

Australia is a continent AND a country...monkeys would have to swim a long way to get here from other countries..

Kallian_fml 21

Australia is a country, part of the continent of Oceania, which also includes New Zealand and some other islands. People calling Australia a continent is just an unfortunately common mistake.

#77 I, an actual Australian, can confirm that Australia is not a continent, it is in fact a country of it's own. Gosh is geography so bad in the USA.

You know, people always say how ignorant Americans are but for the most part we are actually educated and I daresay intelligent.. We just get remembered for the idiots.... Unfortunately they are so idiotic they get talked about for forever.

I'm the one who wrote the fml turns out it escaped from a traveling zoo

At least you'll have a funny story to tell everyone

MetalxSoldier 26

I guess they weren't monkeying around. But seriously I'm glad you're okay.

are you sure it wasn't Campbell Newman escaping his cage again?

My sister lives in Dubai. Her son almost got kidnapped by a monkey just last week! Some dude's pet monkey had gotten away from him and decided he wanted a baby doll.

thank you good Sir. Are you a Queenslander?

Pretty much everything can kill you in Australia, even animals that are not meant to be there.

sounds more like that one scean from the 2011 version of planet of the apes...

Australia is the only continent to have rainforests but no monkeys