By Severus_Snape_ - 20/09/2015 07:11 - United States - Los Angeles

Today, I got a mosquito bite on my wrist. Maybe I'm paranoid, but I am pretty sure mosquito bites are not supposed to start crawling up to your armpit while swelling. FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 095
You deserved it 1 669

Severus_Snape_ tells us more.

Severus_Snape_ 23

Wow, this is the first time one of my FMLs have been accepted! I googled whatever was happening on my arm, and I think 26 may or may not be right. According to the internet, if should go away in a few days, and it was a spider bite. But ever since I was a kid, I've always attracted some weird bug bites, but this has never happened to me before. Unfortunately, I am the type of person that will twist my wrist and still just say that I'm fine. Like that time where I threw up twice when I was 11 years old and still insisted that I was well enough to go to school, only to be sent back home when I threw up again. I applied some type of cream thing on the bite, and it has gotten better. It'll probably go away in a few days. Hopefully.

Top comments

Comments

Poor you, OP! Head to the hospital, because that's definitely a parasite of some sort.

larkspur15 2

RN here. This is an emergency! Go to the ER NOW! this is so important I created an FML account just to tell you this.

It might have laid eggs under your skin. If that is the case, find help immediately.

the only option left is to cut your entire arm off

Depending on where you got it, it might be an infestation. You should get it checked ASAP.

I'm insanely allergic to mosquito bites and when I get bitten they swell up like crazy, but nothing like that. It sounds more like a spider or some other kind of parasite. Go get checked out OP, better safe than sorry!

I'm sorry for my stupidity, but is the bump itself moving, or is it just getting bigger and thus expanding/elongating up from your wrist to your armpit? Either way, go to the doctor or amputate that arm, that's scary af man.

I had something similar. Mark around the area with pen so you can see how fast its spreading and go to the ER, you'll need strong antibiotics.