By IamHM - 19/09/2015 22:43 - United States - Albuquerque

Today, I found my diamond earring, which had gone missing. The vet had to surgically remove it from my dog. Despite having made the voyage through the dog's digestive tract, the earring is more expensive than ever. FML
I agree, your life sucks 21 667
You deserved it 1 916

IamHM tells us more.

Bingo! He's a black lab. And apparently likes shiny things.

Top comments

Hey, look on the bright side, you got your ring back AND your dog is still alive.

Comments

Hey, look on the bright side, you got your ring back AND your dog is still alive.

And by the sounds of it the ear ring become more valuable somehow?

The ring was a cause for expensive medical bills

Should have just let him/her poop it out and save yourself and your dog from unnecessary surgery.

This FML was poorly written. She says the dog had surgery then went on to say that it went through his digestive track...

That's what I was thinking too. If the earring had already made it through the dogs digestive track then the dog should have been able to pass it naturally in a matter of time. Just keep checking the poops and OP would have gotten it back without wasting money on surgery.

Did you just reply to yourself? Lol. I feel like letting the dog poop it out wasn't going to work. Earrings are sharp, and could have easily gotten stuck in the digestive track.

There was another comment that I replied to which magically disappeared after I commented.

Yeah, I think the moderators have a vendetta against me :'(

Yes, because we all want our pets to send small sharp objects through their intestines.

do you have any idea how dangerous that is? would you like to chit out a pin? I really doubt it. and that's more or less what an earring is. add in the fact that it's got all those little prongs to hold the diamond in that are so great at catching sheer fabric I can only imagine what they'd if they caught on to internal flesh

Out of curiosity what's the earring like? I've heard that after going through animals jewellery is often cleaner than ever. I hope your dog feels better soon and stops having no such expensive tastes

JustinJK 21

It's a diamond. My friends 2 ct diamond stud earrings were 5k.

Hopefully the procedure wasn't too expensive and your dog is recovering well. Good luck, OP.

If the earrings "value" went up...the procedure obviously cost a lot.

dyscomonkee 12

Your dog has good taste. You could pierce it's ear and the dog could sport that bling.

Wow why is there s many dislikes, I thought this was pretty funny.

Despite? Isn't it more expensive because you had to pay for surgery?