By WiltedFlower - 31/07/2009 16:02 - United States

Today, I gave my wife of four years a special anniversary gift: a red rose dipped in liquid gold so that she would cherish and admire it forever. She told me it was too "Italian" looking. I now have a hundred dollar rose sitting in my office. FML
I agree, your life sucks 57 249
You deserved it 6 378

Same thing different taste

Top comments

No offense, but your wife is an ignorant bitch.

boatkicker 4

aww. I'm sorry. that sucks. What does too "Italian" mean? whats wrong with italian looking things?

Comments

Mr_Horrible 0

Wow, that sucks, especially since it sounds like you tried to do something special and got kicked in the teeth for it. She certainly could have been a bit more gracious in rejecting the gift and at least acknowledged that you tried. Maybe next time before an anniversary or something go shopping with her, see what sorts of things she's looking at...even if you HATE shopping. Ask her questions! I'm sure she'll share more with you about what she likes and then next time around you'll get her something she'll really enjoy!

chrissygirl89 0

Who the hell rejects a gift because it's "too Italian" looking? FYL!

OP - Sorry, but your wife's a bitch. What the hell kind of person, man or woman, rejects a gift like that?

Mandala_fml 0

By "Too Italian" she meant "too good" clearly someone is in need of a new wife.

My dear sir, it seems you have made quite the mistake. You may have to rethink being married to someone so ignorant. Italy and all that originates from the region have produced some of the most beautiful things the world has had the pleasure of viewing. Granted she may not care for things of the Italian persuasion but the fact that she had the audacity to let such nonsense pass from her brain to her lips is just pathetic and honestly I feel sorry for you.

ditlihi 0

Sorry bro, you gotta dump her. It's only going to get worse. Start planning now.

jumperdreams 0

gold dipped rose??? that sounds really beautiful and thoughtful. Maybe you should talk to her about it, or to get back at her put it up in you house in a vase or something in full view of where she can see it, then she has to admire it :D good job for being a thoughtful husband!

Aww, I'm sorry, that really sucks. That's definitely one of the sweetest things I've ever heard of a guy doing for a girl. She needs to remember that not all guys are nice enough to do something like that.

nyangel 0

What does your wife have against Italians? Is she a racist bitch or is she just stupid?