By ima nerd - 25/12/2010 07:31 - United States

Today, I gave my wife a $900 necklace as a special Christmas gift. She gave me a set of Star Wars pajamas. As it turns out, I was more excited to wear my gift than she was to wear hers. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 293
You deserved it 5 854

Same thing different taste

Top comments

TBH I would not be excited about wearing $900 either. That's a lot of money wasted if it's lost or broken. Also, I think it's more exciting to go pick out jewelry together than have him just show up with something he hopes I like. I think most jewelry is a joke, so chances are anything someone else picks out for me would be something that is hideous or looks like costume jewelry.

as u should be. may the force be with u

Comments

ArthursLifeSucks 2

You live in Alabama. Wouldn't pork rinds have been more appropriate?

.. which proves that it's not how much you spend on your loved ones, it's how much you think they will appreciate it. I'm tempted to put YDI for assuming your wife wants a lot money wasted on something shiny. But I'm not that harsh so FYL, I hope you learn from this. Next time ask her to pick out her own jewlery if she loves it so much..

Elisabetha Aarron 18

I put YDI as clearly they think that an expensive gift is better than a thoughtful gift

krystal2424 0

just because something costs a lot doesn't mean the other person will like it more. it's your own fault you don't know her well enough

perdix 29

That makes total sense. When she puts on her gift, it's a little accessory to a whole ensemble, but when you put on yours, you look completely awesome! I hope she sprung for the Darth Vader helmet or a set of the Princess Leia Cinnamon Buns you can wear on either side of your head.

She probably feels weird for the price differential. You know what tho....sounds like YOU were excited to give it to her. That counts for something.

LemonLala 0

maybe she doesn't like jewelry? my ex bought me a $500 bracelet and ring combo thing for our first Xmas together and was upset that I wasn't excited to wear it - knowing I hate wearing jewelry.

Yep, jewelry isn't something that all women would like to receive. Some would get a whole lot more excited about a new stand mixer, tickets to the symphany, or getting to pick out a new piece of furniture. Personally, I wouldn't mind receiving jewelry, except it needs to be something I pick out myself as it's highly unlikely anyone else could pick something for me that's spot on.

the more expensive the thing is the less they will wear it...... this is an example of a who knows who more situation.......

your wife is a bitch and you're awesome and can have fun. fml that you married her

perdix 29

Your wife is a much smarter shopper than you are.

I actually don't know what you're upset about, OP. The post only says you were more excited. It doesn't even imply she didn't like it, only that she didn't go ape-shit. You got your wife a gift you are apparently proud of and that she didn't hate. She got you a gift you loved. That's a win all around. Be happy and joyeüx noêl. (I have no idea how to spell that but I just discovered I can make accent marks. Please feel free to correct me, French grammar nazis.)

perdix 29

Mé®r¥ Çhrî$†µås, Ïmàginâry Fø€. These special symbols can be quite addictive, can't they?

Åbsølūtęly. =D Merry Christmas, perdix!