By missmisfit - 13/06/2012 04:14 - Canada - Montreal

Today, I gave my puppy a treat for finally doing his business in the grass instead of on the patio. He later puked it up all over the patio. FML
I agree, your life sucks 24 040
You deserved it 3 318

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Maybe he thought if he did it again, he'd get another treat

KaelaKhaotic 5

Looks like it's time for new treats.

Comments

perdix 29

For "doing its business" in the right place, you need to give your puppy verbal praise and petting. Giving him a food treat after crapping just accelerates the "business cycle."

solosohigh 15

yes, verbal praise is better, especially because it's immediate so he can correlate the two things (going outside to do his business and you being happy) together. be patient, though.

The puppy is training you. Obviously it does not care for the treats you buy.

travis_lane_gray 1

Means your dog isn't getting the right nutrition you cheap bastard.

sweetmama88 6

Some treats are not meant for puppies, a piece of cheese would have been good enough !

SchlomoTheGrinch 18

Puppies are great! And they learn faster than human babies, usually become at lot better at following the rules and they'll NEVER throw a tantrum because their newly gifted iPad 3 isn't the right color to match the rest of the Apple store they've got tucked away in their rooms. Hmmm... too bad I'm allergic to dogs and work with children, then =D

It's your own fault that the puppy is doing his business on the wrong place - a puppy might need to poop or pee several times an hours when it's young. Learn about your animal before you take one home.

Knowing about a pet doesn't automatically make it trained. And there are many different training methods because like kids, puppies have their own personality. You can't know which method is going to work the second you see the animal. Training is about learning to work with your pet to give it what it needs and get it to behave in an acceptable manner. Key word there being work. Not magic wand because I researched the breed.

i agree with both if you cuz your both right # 44 and & #25.

Did I say anything about breeds? No. What I said was that you have to know stuff about an animal before you get one. if they know NOTHING about training, how are they supposed to train the dog? If they on the other hand, know a bit about training, they should be able to adjust the training to the personality and type of dog. Don't try to be smart when you can't even read what people write without making up things.

What ever happened to the one big newspaper swat and the puppy is instantly trained to not ever crap in the house again

klimp5488 3

You don't show disappointment over puking, that is not something that can be prevented or controlled. You clean it up, and show no emotion about it in front of the dog.